Smokin'K,Q

Hell yah turn it up

Hey forum lovers,

Its been awhile since I've logged on to check things out, But I gotta say its so great to be back to see whats going on and being said. I love a great conversation battle. Its BBQ people, what could be better then that, OK, I can think of a few things :D .

Hey drunk J, love your slammed I am lines.

I had a great laugh with the opera comment. All of this is what keeps people reading. It gives us laughter, its a good thing. I'm wanting to cook some ribs soon, Anyone have any suggestions on what temp to put ribs at and how long I should cook them. I use a bbq guru on mine and I'm a brisket chick so ribs are new for me.

Thank you, Thank you very much in advance for the suggestions.

Smokin'K,Q 8)

Ribs

I mostly cook my ribs indirect at 225. Spares they take 5 to 6 hours, no foil and not misted or sauced. I start checking at about 4 1/2 hours. They are done when bend in middle and bones are sticking out. I use thin mustard slather and a rub. You will get lots of good advice from this group. Do what you like and taste good to you. :D:D

Re: Hell yah turn it up

Hey forum lovers,

Its been awhile since I've logged on to check things out, But I gotta say its so great to be back to see whats going on and being said. I love a great conversation battle. Its BBQ people, what could be better then that, OK, I can think of a few things :D .

Hey drunk J, love your slammed I am lines.

I had a great laugh with the opera comment. All of this is what keeps people reading. It gives us laughter, its a good thing. I'm wanting to cook some ribs soon, Anyone have any suggestions on what temp to put ribs at and how long I should cook them. I use a bbq guru on mine and I'm a brisket chick so ribs are new for me.

Thank you, Thank you very much in advance for the suggestions.

Smokin'K,Q 8)

Well welcome back! We try hard to keep things interesting and funny around here.

I am a Guru user too. I used to cook my ribs at 225 and indirect (never any foil), but I have moved up a bit on the temp to 235-245 and direct. I like my ribs with a little bit of adhesion to the bone and not to just fall apart. Done in about 4-5 hours.

So your a brisket chick huh? How about getting us some your brisket recipes on in the recipe section ... it would be greatly appreciated as I love brisket. I have a few rubs and sauce recipes in there myself!

-=Jasen=-

cool! i remember you! great to see you back. i got one now too! i do ribs (spares, st louis trimmed) indirect, drip pan 250-275 til done (bout 6 hrs or so) with a dry rub. no basting at all. no peeking til about 5 hours goes by!

bottom line, when in doubt, let em keep cookin'! if you keep temps at 250, and ESPECIALLY if you are doing indirect, those ribs won't burn! let them tell you when they are done!

good luck! give us pics of the cook when done! make sure you're in the pic with 'em! :D