MacKenzie

Canadian Bacon

Canadian bacon is coming along, it is out of the cure and into the fridge until tomorrow. I'm hoping to be able to smoke it then.

xj3EoGq.jpg

There is a second piece on another shelf.

In the meantime I cut off some loose pieces for a taste test, gooood and should be even better after smoking. :)

oHvj95Y.jpg

Also made another perfect KK loaf of sourdough bread this morning.

E0x84Uj.jpg

• Like 1

All looking great MacK! I know we have seen pictures of it but tell me what type of loaf pan you are using for your sourdough bread?

I will get the details for you:) Stay tuned.

Back with the details:

I have this one : http://breadtopia.com/store/round-la-cloche/

and I have this one also- http://breadtopia.com/store/oblong-la-cloche/

I did order mine locally because I was afraid they may get broken during shipping. At first I seasoned them with oil like you would cast iron pan and now they have a varnish like finish so that the bread does not stick. I do put the cover on for the first part of the bake in the oven but don't bother with that in the KK. Hope this helps:)

This does help thank you! I have been working (as you know😊) on my sourdough and I think I have recipe and methodology for a dough down well enough to give it a try baking it on Saphira. I have a small round enameled CI dish to use (thank you Ckreef for the enameled CI endorsement, LOVE the easy clean up) but I like a traditional long bread loaf shape too. Better for sandwiches. That is why I asked. This is perfect!ðŸžThanks again.

In the homestretch now, the pork loin is on the grill for smoking with Maple Leaf Lump and apple wood-

Rw4eCzB.jpg

D3d3HLW.jpg

Just about to come off the grill-

YRjX50A.jpg

Smoked.

ZjjoHBZ.jpg

Up close and in the house-

m7tIAuS.jpg

Sliced.

3DBVXdX.jpg

The other end is a different texture, but still goooood.

RWExW4P.jpg