MacKenzie

Canadian Bacon

Dualit toaster! Santa came early this year to MacKenzie's house! They are very nice, but a bit pricey for a toaster in my book and I LOVE kitchen gadgets! YMMV.

My Cuisinart 4 slice is on it's last legs, I'm afraid. It's been a good one and lasted about 8 years so far. So, I've been doing a little looking on line. Not quite certain on what the replacement might be yet. Most likely will drop to a 2 slicer.  

Made another batch of Canadian Bacon for a friend. It was a whole loin, about 9 pounds and Pebbles is ready for the challenge.:)

56ea0ebf6df0a_PebblesisReady.thumb.jpg.c

The loin is curing in the bucket. Fortunately the weather co-operated, it was cold enough to use the Curing bucket and set it out on the deck, then when the temp turned too cold I moved it to the cold room and put a RapidKool in the container. The temp. stayed about 34F for the rest of the cure time.

56ea0ec41ad34_PorkLoinCuring.thumb.jpg.b

and now on the grill.

56ea0ed2ec136_PLoinontheGrill.thumb.jpg.

56ea0ee4ed025_PorkLoinontheGrill.thumb.j

Finished.

Smoked.thumb.jpg.3a82b1ff25f1adeade61b7c

My friend came to pickup the Canadian Bacon and we sampled it and sampled it and forgot to take a pix. I can't believe I did that. All I can say is that it was moist and tasty.

Edited by MacKenzie