MacKenzie

6 Cheese Smoke

I hear yah! But, since it was raining, I wimped out on pics. It was enough of a struggle as it was, without the extra burden of trying to take pics. But, I should have taken at least one of the droopy cheese! In hindsight, it was kinda comical looking!

That just got me laughing - next time tough it out and give us all something to laugh with you about.

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT

I hear yah! But, since it was raining, I wimped out on pics. It was enough of a struggle as it was, without the extra burden of trying to take pics. But, I should have taken at least one of the droopy cheese! In hindsight, it was kinda comical looking!

Tony! C'mon man! Ya had just one job …

There's no soap in it and you dadgummed sure won't melt!

Lack of pics was probably more about being pissed off than about the rain. I just wanted to be done with it!   :wall:

Haven't we all been there before? And won't we be there again? ;)

Thanks to all my KK friends here who help me so often avoid making mistakes. I do so appreciate your posting those mistakes here.

Sincere thanks to you Tony!

Did you put a big pan of ice in the grill to help cool things down?  A big pan of ice on the lower grate (and upper too if you need it) does keep temp moderated.  I just went back and reattached the pics that were lost in one of the forum migrations to my original Beef Jerky thread from years ago.  You can see in those pics how little fire is required to get the grill warmed up.  What you see there generated 175* in the grill, with the top hat full open to vent off the heat.

http://komodokamadoforum.com/topic/2540-bj-on-a-kk-beef-jerky/?hl=%2Bbeef+%2Bjerky

side note: whoa...that was originally posted in 2009.  Seems like last year.   I want my last 7 years back!

It seems to be happening with more and more frequency. Time might be a linear constant, but man, perception of it sure changes as I get old. I remember when a year seemed like an eternity! When a year represents 5% of your life, it IS a longer span than when it is only 2.2%. Maybe time is logarithmic rather than linear? Hmmm...way too deep for my monkey brain.