MacKenzie

6 Cheese Smoke

Gouda, Monterey Jack, Welsh Cheddar, Balderson's Cheddar, Jalapeño Gouda, and Gouda-

Smoked with Apple and Cherry for 4.5 hours.

vtI2zdw.jpg

It's dark early these days and about to get a whole lot darker after this weekend. My outdoor kitchen has some of the shutters and shades up for the winter. There are a few more to do as it gets colder.

I used the Amaz-n-Smoker and put at thermometer in to make sure things didn't get too hot and melt the cheese.

Cheeses are smoked.

gRv2oCc.jpg

They will be vacuumed sealed and allowed to mellow for several weeks.

Here I was just sitting in the sunroom, relaxing and enjoying a nice espresso when all of a sudden out of the blue I was hit by this request-

" I'm interested in your setup. I have read on a couple of other posts that people have been unsuccessful keeping an Amazn rig lit in a Kamado."

Who could resist, not me. I setup for smoking cheese and here it is-

FYJZAQG.jpg

That stainless steel grid was used on anther grill but when I got the KK I had it cut down to fit. Probably the upper grate could have been used upside down. My thinking was to get the Amaz-n-Smoker near the incoming air. The bottom vents were open to give me max. intake the dome hat was open half a turn, not quite sure on that.

It smoked very well for an hour and then started to die down so I relit the pellets and chips, both ends. Repeated this after 2 hours and 3 hours. It's not a big deal to lift the grate with the cheese on it and relight.

GoFrogs, contrary to how it may sound, I am happy to be able to help if I can. :)

• Like 2

Smoked a batch of Gouda today and the Amaz-n-Smoker worked perfectly in the KK. Here is the cheese on a cookie rack and just put on the upper grill-

4AMxKVy.jpg

After about 5 hours of smoking with cherry and apple pellets and chips it looks like this-

o9WpNaK.jpg

It is now in the kitchen awaiting cooling in the fridge and then vacuum sealing. It should make for some tasty Xmas presents. :)

R9aeQiI.jpg