mguerra

Brisket chili

I took the leftovers from my Franklin style brisket and made some chili out of it tonight. I split the point and the flat and removed all the fat and cubed all the meat. For my liquids I used a 28 ounce can of fire roasted diced tomatoes and a 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes as well as a 24 ounce jar of Classico brand fire roasted tomato and garlic pasta sauce . I put in a 7 ounce can of Goya brand adobo chipotle peppers, One diced yellow onion, a shit load of chili powder, garlic powder, and one packet of Mccormicks chili seasoning. That all went in the pressure cooker for 20 minutes and boy did it come out good ! The 1996 Cos d' Estournel washed it down righteously.

post-2-0-05616400-1446906807_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

OK, Doc, now I'm going to have to start calling you a Malcolm Forbes wanna-be for washing down chili with a 2nd growth Bordeaux!!!

Note to those that don't get this reference, Malcolm was notorious for drinking 1st growth Bordeaux wine (Mouton-Rothchild), worth thousands of dollars a bottle, with his Big Mac! Why, because he could!