MacKenzie

ODK Prep for Winter

It's time to get ready for winter. My carpenter did these shutters give more protection for the ODK and I still have to stain them but that won't take long. On the other side is Sunbrella shades. They are the same as the ones on the wall  behind the grills.

ODK%202.jpg

In the summer all these shades come down and opens the ODK to the great outdoors. The wall to the right of MY chair comes down from ceiling to floor exposing a white hand rail and the great outdoors.

There are also Sunbrella shades that go right across the front of the counter and grills to keep the snow out. Believe me there will be snow.

ODK%203.jpg

See what I mean, this was from last Feb. just one of 5or 6 blizzards we had.

Too%20Much%20Snow.jpg

When it is warm enough this is my favourite place to sit and watch the wildlife, squirrels, chipmunks and the birds. :) I have a Bluetooth speaker so that I can listen to my favourite radio station. :)

Enclosed%20ODK%201.jpg

When it's too cold to sit in the outdoor kitchen then it's a short hop skip and jump to the sunroom. It's good for all winter too because there is a wood stove in the corner.

Opposite%20the%20ODK.jpg

• Like 1

Beautiful MacKenzie! There is something really magical about being able to cook outside after the snow and having your warm and toasty sun room for those really cold days.

Funny, living on the equator now you do miss those chilly winter days but I guess it's nice to be able to have an ODK that doesn't have to change year round!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have snow blower for the deck and I'm out there before the storm is over. I'm meticulous about cleaning snow off the deck. Mostly because if you let it pile up you may not be able to get it of it things melt a little and then freeze. Here I am out getting snow off last winter. Here is a shot from the security camera. Let me introduce, "Little Barbie" my electric Toro snow blower. It went through everything winter thru at us last year.

aIT8pgT.jpg

MacKenzie — I think that wood stove in your sun room will come in real handy.  That was some winter! The last winter that was that intense for us, here in Illinois, was 2011, although the last couple of years we have had more than our fair share of snow. However by the look of those pics you get it a lot worse than we do.