bryan

Freezer-paper-food-packaging

This part of the article says it all: "You may argue that sandwich, and snack bags are more convenient, but I'm sure you don't turn to instructables for reasons to not make stuff."

More convenient, MUCH cheaper, you can see through them, so no labels needed. Reseal if you don't eat all of the snack. And so on.

One imagines that a $30 impulse sealer would work far quicker than setting up an iron.

Even though I have a chamber vacuum sealer, I use an impulse sealer all the time with the same chamber vacuum bags. If I want to seal without removing the air. If the contents are basically liquid, it is faster to just burp out the air and seal with an impulse sealer.

I have tried everything over the years, for freezing stock. Nothing beats a chamber vacuum bag, for saving space, ease of thawing/heating, and shelf life. In a chest freezer (very cold, no defrost cycle) a forgotten bag of stock can last for years.

Cut straight and don't get the plastic side on the iron - it will make a mess of the iron.

I can see it now. Sorry I messed the iron up Mrs skreef but I was trying to save a few pennies by making my own baggies - I ain't stupid enough to go down that road again - Yea I already messed up one iron not going for 2.

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT

Cut straight and don't get the plastic side on the iron - it will make a mess of the iron.

I can see it now. Sorry I messed the iron up Mrs skreef but I was trying to save a few pennies by making my own baggies - I ain't stupid enough to go down that road again - Yea I already messed up one iron not going for 2.

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT

:sign5: