tomahawk66

Now the real journey begins... My KK story

Oliver, I couldn't be happier for you!  That Cobalt blue is a killer color, isn't it?  It is going to look absolutely stunning on your patio.  You'll be the envy of all Singapore!  Kudos to you.

Wonderful pic of the Bride and kid.  Thanks for sharing with all the KK Aunts and Uncles!  

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Thanks CC!

I was talking with Dennis this afternoon about the forum members and it's great to have a brilliant product that comes with the added bonus of a brilliant and supportive community. (Or should that be a brilliant community that comes with the added bonus of introducing you to a great product!)

I even visited Cookie's sky terrace to see his twin bronze KKs, the 21 and the 23. He was getting ready for Halloween but still made time to give me the tour and a cold beer to boot! Certainly need to return the favor once Big Blue is up and running!

Where else do you get that kind of community these days?!?

Regards,

Oliver

In Singapore. Soon to be the proud owner of a Cobalt Blue 32 😄

So here's what went into the crate:

- 32" Big Bad in Cobalt Blue

- pair of 32 BB rod & tube teak side tables

- basket splitter

- Double bottomed drip pan

- 32 BB baking stone

- 23 ultimate size baking stone

- deflector

- teak & stainless grill grabbers

- 10 x 20lb boxes of CoCo Char

I wonder what the total gross weight of this shipment is... Gotta be getting on for 1,500lbs...

Regards,

Oliver

tomahawk, I was thinking about your grill arrival yesterday and thinking it must soon be coming.:) Sounds like a great idea to get the 2 different sizes of baking stones. :):thumbup::thumbup:

Well, the Big Bad's standard baking stone weighs in at 38lbs(yep, a baking stone that weighs 38LBS?!?) and my wife wants to be able to use it, so it was either weight training classes for her or a smaller stone. When I explained to Dennis that I was going to go for the smaller one he cut me a deal and threw a "cosmetic second" 23 stone with the purchase of the 32's standard baking stone. That solved my problem and killed 2 birds with one stone (ok... Couldn't resist!!)

Regards,

Oliver

Tomahawk - that's a really nice setup you'll have. About the only thing missing is the bourbon from Dennis' private stash! Congrats to ya!

Jokes aside, I'm really starting to get into bourbon and also rum- I've been a single malt man for a while but it just feels wrong sipping on a smokey Islay single malt in 90 degree heat!!

I've decided to save the scotch for my annual trip to Mongolia and am trying to find out more about bourbon. My last trip to Chicago I ended up in "Untitled" a speakeasy on West Kinzie St that just so happens to have the largest collection of american whiskey in the world, that was a great introduction as I went from american single malts to eyes and bourbons and then... Well... It all gets a little hazy!!

Regards,

Oliver

Tomahawk - my everyday sipping bourbon is Woodford Double Oak. It's really smooth and I love it. Thanks to Tinyfish who's responsible for getting me hooked on the Double Oak.

You might also give Basil Hayden's a try. It has a nice light smooth flavor and soft finish that is really a surprise. everyone I've let taste my stash always wants more.

Very difficult to find, but look for Weller. It's made by Buffalo Trace and is essentially the same grain bill as Pappy. The 12 year old here is about $30. Yes, I said $30 a bottle; hence, the difficulty in finding a bottle. I lucked into a bottle on my bourbon tour in September.

post-975-0-21781500-1448940804_thumb.png

She was all finished, packed up and sent to the forwarder today...

b437aee686eb630dab1b02d4c93062e3.jpg

Only taken on a camera phone in the factory so not so clear and the colour isn't a true representation but I LOVE those teak side tables!!

And she's almost identical to the one in the "amazingribs.com" video...

So happy with my selection, and can't wait to meet her in the flesh (or should that be tiles?!?)

Regards,

Oliver