Jon B.

Syracuse, NY

If we start to see Utica Club beer and Genesee Cream Ale in the pics we will definitely know it's Buffalo and Syracuse thing.

When I moved to Syracuse 30 years ago, I asked what the best local beer was and was told Utica Club.  Brought some back to the hotel, iced it in the sink and about choked when I had the first one.  Left the other five for the maid!!!!! 

Tony,  I have a sister that lives in Cedar Rapids........she named the Primo the "BBT" (big black turd).  Can't wait to see what she names the KK    :sign5:  

Kewl! How long has she lived here? Hopefully long enough to be acclimated! Snow just started falling. We're about to get hit hard - maybe 10" of snow tonight and the low tomorrow night is predicted to be 5F (-15C)!! A little to damned early for me, but you roll with it! 

When I moved to Syracuse 30 years ago, I asked what the best local beer was and was told Utica Club.  Brought some back to the hotel, iced it in the sink and about choked when I had the first one.  Left the other five for the maid!!!!!

[/quot

JonB, pretty funny story, I have friends from Utica, NY who just love Utica Club beer, for me it's kinda akin to most local Pilsner style beers brewed in the U.S.

When I finished grad school I interviewed at Cornell .... In January! BRRRR!

I drank some Utica Club up there in, of all palces, Utica. Everyone up at Cornell said it was the BOMB. Everyone up there had their brains frozen. I told them they should do the humane thing and shoot that horse if it wasn't already dead!

@Jon B, I'm 100% with you on Utica Club!

Kewl! How long has she lived here? Hopefully long enough to be acclimated! Snow just started falling. We're about to get hit hard - maybe 10" of snow tonight and the low tomorrow night is predicted to be 5F (-15C)!! A little to damned early for me, but you roll with it! 

Over 30 years..................and in Moline, IL before that.  She is a Mid-westerner thru & thru!!!!   Good luck with the snow and cold.

She's been here almost as long as me! I moved here in 1982. Born and raised in the South. 

What about you? Where'd you grow up, Jon?

Tony,  

She moved there from Moline when my brother-in-law got a job with Rockwell after getting out of college.....has been there ever since.  Raised three kids there and enjoys the area.  I enjoy my occasional visits there also!

Me......high school and college in the Moline, IL area but from Detroit originally, lived in New Jersey for a while as a kid also,  Dad was transferred a lot.   Columbus, Ohio and now Syracuse on my own.  Three grown up daughters here in New York.

Jon