bosco

sharp knives....

well, I am sure everyone has the brand that they prefer.  I love Zwilling J.A. Henckels knives and have been building up my collection over he past year.  these suckers are awesome.

I have a master chef electric sharpener that I use, until recently I purchased a Henckels knife sharpener.  I ran my blades through this manual sharpener..... OMG these things are loving the new sharpener.  

They are sharper than they have ever been.  

Today I used my large scimitar knife and it cuts amazing through meat.  I use it to cut up blade roast (chuck) prior to grinding.

Anyways.....

I threw it in the sink with all my grinder attachments to soak.  

I reached in the water and the bade side was pointing up but I couldn't see it with the soap water.  My finger slid right down the blade cutting about a 1/4" deep into my finger tip.  It has been bleeding for the past hour, but finally starting to close up.  I probably could use a stitch.

Lesson learned today.....

Sharp knives do not sit in sink filled with soap water ever again!!!!

these are my blades with commercial handles.  I love them and have almost ever blade in the set

https://www.zwilling.ca/zwilling/knives-and-accessories/knives/twin-master

Boaco, you get that finger infected and you won't be able to unpack your KKs IF they arrive. :)

No worries. There will be enough people there to help. All he'll need to do is work the camera and direct the traffic.

Oh and smile a lot - LOL

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT

Edited by ckreef
  • Like 1

Except it was his shutter finger he stabbed :(

He'll have to figure out how to use his other hand!!

and how do you think he's going to feel when he is not the first one to open those lids oh his KKs?:)

He'll have to figure out how to use his other hand!!

LOL

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT