golfingfool

Rotisserie Turkey

If you can put a grill rack under the rotisserie and set a pan on that it should work. I'd set up my arrangement without the turkey and see if there is room. Depends upon the size of your KK. I have not tried this but if possible I'd put the heat shield on the firebox or the stainless steel heat shield on the rack with the pan to catch the drippings on top of it. If you can keep direct heat away from the bottom of the drippings pan it will keep them from burning. Those drippings are worth their weight in gold if you can get them.:)

I checked my 21 inch KK this morning and I can fit the heat shield in with the stainless steel drip pan on top of it and the rotisserie will clear.  I can also put the double lined stainless steel drip pan on top of the fire basket and the rotisserie will still clear but I'm not sure it's a good idea to put the double lined SS drip pan directly on top of the fire basket. I would not want to warp it out of shape.

I checked my 21 inch KK this morning and I can fit the heat shield in with the stainless steel drip pan on top of it and the rotisserie will clear.  I can also put the double lined stainless steel drip pan on top of the fire basket and the rotisserie will still clear but I'm not sure it's a good idea to put the double lined SS drip pan directly on top of the fire basket. I would not want to warp it out of shape.

Thanks MacKenzie. I have a 21 as well and might try that. I'm having second thoughts about doing roti style now as I rubbed turkey with slow roasted garlic/salt throughout and placed a lot of the garlic inside the cavity. Afraid that they will all fall out during the cook.

LOL, thanks☺☺☺I'm so good I forgot to check both rotisserie sizes (small and large). I only checked the small rotisserie size and I did check the large rotisserie  with the heat shield stone and the SS drip pan, no problem with that arrangement. I forgot to check the large rotisserie size with the double lined SS drip pan. :(