churchi

Rotisserie for the 32" Komodo

Hi All,

I am in the process of purchasing the 32" Komodo from Dennis.

Just going through the accessories and i wondered how many of you purchased the rotisserie add-on? I have a separate purpose built spit for cooking big cook ups, however from time to time putting just a small chicken or leg of pork/lamb is a very time consuming job, along with a big clean up.

So i am wondering if the rotisserie add-on for the 32" will be a worthwhile purchase.

1. For the people who have them, do you use them much or do you find a purpose built spit would be a better solution?

2. Does using the rotisserie in your Komodo make a huge mess? or dont worry about it as the next cook in it will burn it all off?

I am thinking that the Komodo will be perfect for the small spit roasts where i dont need to drag the big spit out.

Anyways, just looking for a few opinions on the rotisserie accessory.

thank you in advance.

Have only used my unit once but was happy with the first test cook.  There is that fun factor with the rotisserie.  I bought the kit for my Weber kettle and have made some great food with it.  

">http://http://s1013.photobucket.com/user/BeesWacker/media/Kovals%20NASCAR%20Party%2010-21-07%20006.jpg.html'>Kovals%20NASCAR%20Party%2010-21-07%20006

Looking forward to duplicating with the KK.  

So i am wondering if the rotisserie add-on for the 32" will be a worthwhile purchase.

1. For the people who have them, do you use them much or do you find a purpose built spit would be a better solution?

2. Does using the rotisserie in your Komodo make a huge mess? or dont worry about it as the next cook in it will burn it all off?

I have a KK 23â€, with the rotisserie. I love having the rotisserie. 

As far as the mess, it’s relatively easy to clean. I usually use a kitchen sponge with a scrubby side, some Dawn dishwashing liquid, and clean one rod at a time. There aren’t really any in-the-grill cleanup issues. 

@churchi - I have a KK BB 32", aka TheBeast, and just about every accessory you can order.  I use my rotisserie about once a week and  I love, love, love it.  A roti gives the cooks a much different flavor profile than if were just done on the grate.  I wouldn't trade my rotisserie for anything at this point.  

Originally I didn't order the rotisserie with TheBeast.  I'd never really used a roti all that much as my equipment didn't allow for that option.  Once I ordered the KK Rotisserie and used it for the first time, I was hooked.  I can't recommend it enough.

Cleanup of the rotisserie parts is quite simple.  A little hot soapy water does the trick.  You might have to apply a little elbows great to the basket. but not really too much.  I find that longer I let the basket soak, the less I have to scrub.  As for the internals of the KK, all you have to do is open the vents a bit more than when you were doing the rotisserie cook, run the temp up to 500-550F for about 20 minutes and everything is as clean as it's ever going to get.

I'd order the KK rotisserie at the same time you order your 32.  To my way of thinking that just makes sense.

Welcome to the KK family.  Let us know what you decide to do!

Hi All,

First off thank you all very much for the comments. I was in 2 minds whether to get the rotisserie for my 32" on order, however i am glad i posted here. I will be adding it to the list of accessories to order. Im cool with soaking it in soapy water over night, that seems to be an easy to clean the accessory.

I have read there is a new and an old model, how do i tell the difference?

Also, does the motor come with the accessory, or do i have to supply this?

I believe it is this one http://www.onegrill.com/Stainless_Electric_Grill_Rotisserie_Spit_Motor_p/4pm05.htm but the web site has changed since I ordered mine and I would strongly suggest you check with Dennis to make certain that this is still the correct motor for the rotisserie that you will be getting.:) One Grill has good service and it doesn't take very long to get the motor.:)

I believe it is this one http://www.onegrill.com/Stainless_Electric_Grill_Rotisserie_Spit_Motor_p/4pm05.htm but the web site has changed since I ordered mine and I would strongly suggest you check with Dennis to make certain that this is still the correct motor for the rotisserie that you will be getting.:) One Grill has good service and it doesn't take very long to get the motor.:)

It's definitely the 4pm05 model. Bought it not long ago and have done 4 or 5 cooks with that motor since.

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT