bosco

bosco's delivery thread

I got word at 6:30am, that Customs accepted the declaration so I headed an hour east and went to pay for my delivery.  I was able to get same day shipping so I figured lest do this!!!   

They showed up around 1:30pm today and I did this by myself.  I really wanted to chronicle everything from beginning to end but it was going to rain and I wanted to get it done as soon as I could.  

I will say that the 3 skids were packed to perfection.  Dennis you're crew know how to secure the goods!!!  Everything was a piece of cake after watching everyone uncrate their stuff.  I could only get the 23" skid in the yard, the rest remained in the driveway.  

Tomorrow I will post pictures of the goodies that I got.... there are lots.  I haven't even pulled out what is inside the KKs as of yet.  Anyways, about 2 hours later and three trips to the City dump I am all cleaned up and ready to present some photos!!!

I am so overwhelmed with the beauty of these KKs.  It is true what they say, a picture just doesn't do it justice.  This is some of the finest craftsmanship that I have ever seen in my life.  

They were bigger than what I was expecting but in all honesty that 32" is not crazy!! It is a very manageable size for grilling!!!!!!!!!

So excited, I can't wait to roll some smoke through these puppies!!!

Dennis,  thank you so much for taking the time to explain everything to me.  You are the man behind the brand and I am so grateful to be cooking on these KKs!!!!   

I will post more as I go I promise.... for now I am off to watch my sons hockey game.  

Tomorrow we break them in and get them dirty!!

What an exciting day!!

IMG_4914-2.jpg

IMG_4917-2.jpg

IMG_4918-2.jpg

_DSC1340.jpg

_DSC1341.jpg

_DSC1347.jpg

_DSC1351.jpg

_DSC1352.jpg

_DSC1358.jpg

_DSC1359.jpg

_DSC1360.jpg

_DSC1362.jpg

_DSC1363.jpg

_DSC1365.jpg

_DSC1384.jpg

_DSC1381.jpg

What a totally awesome setup. Very color coordinated. OCD should be in check with that. You are such a great cook, can't wait to see all those fantastic meals coming off the KK's. You did really good with that setup. So glad you moved to the dark side - a chef of your caliber deserves it. Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT

I’m so happy your KK grills got to you safe and sound. If you haven’t opened them yet to get to the stuff packed inside, you’re still in for a real treat.

And there’s only one thing better than the anticipation and delivery of a new KK grill, and that’s putting them to use for cooking a fantastic meal. ^_^

ok round two

I woke up this morning and it must have rained last night.  The new cover from KK worked perfect!! 

_DSC1386.jpg

I ran out of time last night and didnt get a chance to empty the KKs with all of their stuff....  man this was a lot of work.  There is so much stuff packed inside.  

here is the contents of the 23"  the 32" is about the same

_DSC1387.jpg

The grills are so bloody heavy... they are very well built and robust!! 

Each KK came with three grilling racks, labeled lower, main and upper.... the 32 also came with a bonus half grill.  The deflector stone on the 23" is a one piece and the 32" comes in 4 pieces.  They are thick and heavy!! should do a great job deflecting heat!

each KK came with a little box of goodies, tools and extra pieces that you may lose along the way

_DSC1391.jpg

_DSC1392.jpg

the main grate is awesome!! and did I mention crazy heavy!!

Here is a picture of the 32" and 23" main cooking grate

_DSC1401.jpg

Well I finally got to the bottom of the pit and wanted to get going on the burn in process....  I used about a half a bag of RO red to fill both the 23" and 32".  I assume that I could have filled the basket higher 

the 23" basket loaded up

_DSC1403.jpg

and the 32" basket loaded up

_DSC1402.jpg

The baking stones are one piece again super heavy and well built.  The picture is a bit washed out but it is a little darker grey than this

_DSC1404.jpg

the included drip pans with each KK

_DSC1405.jpg

I ordered the rotisserie for only the 32".  Its massive and seems well built

_DSC1406.jpg

and concluded the unwrapping with the double bottom drip pans.  These things are heavy!!!  They may be the heaviest item next to the stones.  They look great and will definitely act as a drip pan and deflector all in one!!

_DSC1407.jpg

Got the tel-tru installed and now we are slowly getting up in temp to complete the burn in.  

It is a very exciting time, however, in all honesty... I am really tired out.  This was a huge order and lots of work... the joints and muscles are paying for it a bit today!!

not sure that I will have time to cook on them tonight.  My wife has a work party and my boys have hockey again.  

I am just making sure that I do this burn in correctly right now.  We are just getting up to 500 degrees and the smell is definitely present.  No lifting or any signs of pressure as of yet... I am sure I will get some spots... but it would be pretty cool if I didnt!!!

Bosco, I'm just now checking in as it has been one of those weeks for me down here.  

Congratulations on your delivery!  The KK's look wonderful - they really do.  Dennis makes a fine product, no doubt about it.

The teak shelving and table really set things off.  Amazing.

Again, congratulations.  I'm looking forward to reading about the first cook.