tomahawk66

KK's bigger ugly brother!

Went to a Resturant in Singapore called "Burnt Ends" and they have an epic stick burning refractory oven that they built the Resturant around:

93531d8446f9e1814e83d09f5704f0ce.jpg

Needs some tiles I think!!

They also have these 4 grill stations that can be lowered and raised as required. Their beef marmalade is out of this world and the pulled pork sarney was perfectly balanced. They had some barrel aged cocktails and some killer steak cuts as well, no money shots but trust me: they can cook meat perfectly!

a202aa4c0cdaf5fb1762128bf3febdee.jpg

Regards,

Oliver

In Singapore. Soon to be the proud owner of a Cobalt Blue 32 😄

I've been here for 9 years, I am numb to the meat and alcohol prices.  Actually, I'm numb to all of the prices as everything here is 10x more expensive.  When I go back to the States, the first thing I do is go to a butcher and buy enough meat to feed all of my family and friends....the cost is like feeding six people in Singapore.  Second stop is the mega wine / booze warehouse.

For future reference, each person entering Singapore is allowed to bring in 5kg of meat, so long as it is from the USA, UK, or Australia.  If you freeze a bunch and pack it tight in a cooler, it can make a 34 hour journey, no problem.