bosco

It just hit me....

well, it has been one week since I took delivery and I was really busy with work and getting everything set up.  I don't think that I really took it all in.  

I ordered my grills on August 16th, and made a few adjustments to my order later that month to a 23/32 combo instead of a 23/23.

They shipped October 3rd, and I followed them on all of their boats and missed ports cut off dates.  I talked everyday about KK and learned a lot and constantly waited and wondered when they would arrive.

Fast forward to last Wednesday.  It was a whirlwind arrival and I was so busy, unpacking, dump runs, storing everything, setting it up, taking pics.  Then I was crazy busy at work all week and then we had crummy weather. 

I cooked yesterday for the first time and was just so surprised with their responsiveness and functionality.  

I was just sitting in bed and I felt all this pressure just subside.  I finally own these things.... it hit me like a ton of bricks.  I smiled and thought this is one of the coolest things that I have ever done for myself!!  I love cooking and BBQ, it is my true passion and hobby.  If anyone ever questions the cost of these to me, I can honestly say that I would pay double for the amount of happiness this purchase has brought me.  Yes it is material possessions, but it is a hobby for me that I can share with my family and friends.  

I go outside daily and just admire them...... I am so grateful to finally be cooking on the best!!!

• Like 4

They shipped October 3rd, and I followed them on all of their boats and missed ports cut off dates. 

Hands down the slowest shipment I have seen in 27 years.. That was ridiculous.  

Before the economy dove about 2006 containers were 21 days from Singapore to Long Beach..

They slowed the boats down when fuel got expensive and are now running 30 days..

How that LCL consignment took that long I'll never know..

I'm so glad this is behind us and you're finally cooking on them..

Congrats on one sick set up..

I really love the new CNC cut stainless on the cabinets and side tables.

Dennis the shipping thing is no big deal. It was the fact that you're customer is extreme OCD/control freak and needed to be on the ship steering it home LOL!!

The stainless tops are so beautiful and they are super functional. Especially with our climate they will be great!!!

Benton, I agree with you. It seems that every time I look at them I catch a new part that draws me in. And I am constantly just unlatch inns because I like the sound it makes !!

• Like 1

It seems the old adage "I wish I hadn't waited so long to order my KK!" still holds true.  

I know that was true for me.  

Rob, I LOVE that Darth Vader picture.  It says it all, especially to the outside world once you are inside. 

I've always said that if you ask why a kamado that costs so danged much, you would never understand the answer.  Then I'm called an elitist prick. I try and explain and all I ever hear is "My wife/spouse would kill me!"  I"m still an elitist prick who look at only money.  I've been called an elitist prick long before I took delivery of my KKs, but I take it as a badge of honor.   ;)

The KK experience is very tacit until you begin to really think.

Thanks, Dennis!  

• Like 1

After my original POSK #7 started to crack (didn't shed many tiles, however) and I was having to patch it up just to keep it going, I was immediately sold on the KK. Cost never even entered into it. I just wanted a better ceramic grill that I didn't have to fret over keeping it functional. Never looked back with any regrets whatsoever!!

KKers - I'd say the KK is much more like a Turbo-Bentley than a Rolls. I've ridden in and driven both, and believe me the Turbo-Bentley out shines the Rolls by a LONG shot. The Bentley is every it the automobile the Rolls is but with some very subtle differences. The suspension is much better because the Bentley is a heavier car. The Bentley corners like its on rails whereas the Rolls eases into corners. It's a mild mannered drive.

The reason for the Beefer suspension is the drivetrain in the Bentley. It's heavier in all aspects. Add the Turbo and you've got a real beast that has no stop in it. My friend who owned the Turbo-Bentley raced a buddy of ours to Aspen beginning in Denver. It's a long hard uphill slog that gives every car fits, especially heavy ones. The Bentley won hands down. On a pretty steep grade at 100 mph, the Bentley accelerated to over 140 in less than half a mile. We passed Porsches that couldn't keep up.

The reason I relay this story is the following: we own KKs that are known for their mass. They are heavy, and for very good reasons. Bosco just finished being introduced to how fast KK can get to temp. They are quick and nimble in spite of their mass. They're big but they don't lumber like a Rolls. The heart and soul of a KK is its air management system. So too with the Turbo-Bentley. All that air goes through the basket in a KK turbocharging quick temps.

The Rolls is a fine car. The Turbo-Bentley is a Rolls on PEDs. All other ceramics are fine, some finer than others, but they get the job done. Our KKs are are on PEDs and the other ceramics are chewing sugar pills!