Geo

Greetings from Texas

Let me introduce myself... As you might have guessed, my name is George and I live in Texas. Recently moved here from the mountains of New Mexico. Because of the fire danger, there was very limited opportunity to use my Medium BGE while in NM. I enjoy both the time spent cooking, and of course, the eating! Now that its safe to grill, I'm doing it a lot more. My reason for looking to replace my BGE is that while it is fine when I'm cooking for myself, it doesn't accommodate cooking for even a few friends. The reasons I'm considering the KK is that I really appreciate quality in things that I own, and I'd really like to have a rotisserie. On my BGE, I've never been able to make chicken as good as I could make on a gasser with a rotisserie. Maybe that says something about my lack of cooking skills, but the rotisserie sure made it easy to cook wonderful chicken. I don't cook a lot of beef. My preferences are Baby Backs cooked on my MAK 2-Star General, Pork Butts for pulled pork, and pizza... Who wouldn't love pizza on a kamado cooker! 

I have SEVERAL questions, and will ask your help with those under the appropriate headings. The questions might come across as kindergarten questions, but please know that I value your answers/opinions.

• Like 1

Everyone here will be glad to answer any questions you might have, but the first answer I'll give is, get the KK, you won't be disappointed. Second, while everyone here is always willing to help, the best, and obviously most knowledgeable person you could possibly talk to is Dennis. Feel free to call him, but I warn you, if you do, you'll be ordering a grill!!

Rob

I just bought my KK this summer after many years of ceramic grilling. There is no comparison in the build, the KK is over the top. It is a smooth running machine and with the KK pizza stone it does a far better job on pizza and bread baking than I've been able to do previously. This stone in especially formulated and I have yet to burn the crust before the topping get cooked. The KK is simply the best in ever respect that I can think of and if you too appreciate quality you won't be disappointed. By the way, I'm Dennis's sister, no not really. We are not related.:) I'm just one of many extremely happy KK customers. :):thumbup:  :thumbup:

Welcome aboard. We are here to help. You made a good first step in getting on the forum. Next step is to call Dennis. Set aside an hour for that phone call as he will talk to you as long as you want to stay on the phone. He does work nights (he's a 12 hour difference) so I've found the best time to get him on the phone is around 1 pm EST.

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT

Welcome to the forum. It sounds like the two main reasons for an upgrade is for more space and you like the finer things.

I am an owner of 6 other Kamados and wanted to down scale the amount of cookers with two quality Kamados.

I too wanted the space and wanted the best!!!

Komodo Kamado is the most amazing built Kamado on the market. Not only are they gorgeous to look at, but they are so over engineered you will never have the problems that you may have with a traditional ceramic.

I settled (or should I say upgraded) to 2 KKs. I had a million questions when I was ordering and everyone here was happy to assist. I went with a 23" and a 32".

I honestly think from what I am hearing from you that the 32" Big Bad will be the right fit for you. They are big but honestly not crazy big. I love the grilling space it provides and the large rotisserie is outstanding!!!

Most people on the forums know that I love to cook.... And I make decent food too. Not changing my skill set or cooking habits in anyway, I have produced some of my best food to date.

The moisture content in a KK is unlike anything I have ever cooked on. Ceramics just can't hold a candle to the KK because of their actual insulation.

Join the club sooner than later or else you will be saying I wish I bought this sooner like everyone else here.

Let me know if I can help in anyway and don't hesitate to call Dennis. He really is an amazing guy and super knowledgable about cooking and the engineering behind the KK.

Can't wait to see what one you get!!!

Welcome

Bosco

Let me introduce myself... As you might have guessed, my name is George and I live in Texas. Recently moved here from the mountains of New Mexico. Because of the fire danger, there was very limited opportunity to use my Medium BGE while in NM. I enjoy both the time spent cooking, and of course, the eating! Now that its safe to grill, I'm doing it a lot more. My reason for looking to replace my BGE is that while it is fine when I'm cooking for myself, it doesn't accommodate cooking for even a few friends. The reasons I'm considering the KK is that I really appreciate quality in things that I own, and I'd really like to have a rotisserie. On my BGE, I've never been able to make chicken as good as I could make on a gasser with a rotisserie. Maybe that says something about my lack of cooking skills, but the rotisserie sure made it easy to cook wonderful chicken. I don't cook a lot of beef. My preferences are Baby Backs cooked on my MAK 2-Star General, Pork Butts for pulled pork, and pizza... Who wouldn't love pizza on a kamado cooker! 

I have SEVERAL questions, and will ask your help with those under the appropriate headings. The questions might come across as kindergarten questions, but please know that I value your answers/opinions.

No need to ask in multiple places.. Please fee free to ask away in this post... You can find me on the site's chat often also..

I'll jump in and second everything that's been posted. Ask away, it's what we do here. And as mentioned multiple times - talk to Dennis!! The only regret anyone ever has about buying a KK, is that they waited so long to do it!! 

Welcome and hang on, you are in for one amazing ride!!!