jharmon

Oldest KK here

The K7 has been in its John Edwards jammies for the past ten years - actually, both have JE jammies. :)

The K7 has come into play before doing a ham or turkey hanging on the meat hanger. There is a lot of room in the dome. It definitely has its shortcomings though ...

I suppose the only real functional thing I don't have on my KK, that the more modern ones do, is the upper level rack - the one on legs. Is that something that comes into play a lot? Very useful? Seems like it would be.

The upper rack is kewl, it sits on the main rack, but how useful it is might depend on your dome height. A lot of the newer KK's have a high capacity dome which makes the upper rack way more useful. You really should talk to Dennis about this.

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT

The upper rack also does double duty as the sear grate. You flip it over and set it on the handles of the charcoal basket to sear steaks, etc. It puts the meat mere inches above the coals. Does a really good job. So check with Dennis and see if you can retrofit one.