donjohnson

Hi from NZ

Just wanted to jump out of the shadows and into the limelight - i'm from NZ and took delivery of my 23" Cobalt Blue KK about 5 days before Christmas.

Working with Dennis was really great, he's so helpful, just a great experience.

Here's some photos of the setup, and first couple of cooks, i've been running it pretty much non-stop since I got it. Great machine, looking forward to cooking up some big hunks of meat.

First cook was a 6.5kg Pork shoulder, 14 hours at about 225 ish, came out amazing, mixed it with a home made BBQ sauce, turned it into sliders and everyone loved it. Ended up buying a vacuum sealer to seal up the rest for a rainy day. 

Cooked a ham for Christmas morning, tasty...

Next cook was brisket points, I did a couple in a row, first one was used for pulled beef tacos, the other cut into points and given to a mate of mine for New Years. Both came out awesome.

I love this thing, no name yet, but i'm stoked with the quality and versatility of this thing. My Broil King is now dormant save for snags for the kids.

post-2561-0-24023700-1452212718_thumb.jp

post-2561-0-20528500-1452212872_thumb.jp

post-2561-0-71908700-1452212900_thumb.jp

post-2561-0-45791100-1452212913_thumb.jp

post-2561-0-82314700-1452212922_thumb.jp

post-2561-0-37983600-1452212937_thumb.jp

post-2561-0-33380400-1452212964_thumb.jp

post-2561-0-79760000-1452212968_thumb.jp

Thanks guys, did the backyard over winter. What a b**** that was, I'm no DIY guy so everything was learning on the job.

Fence does look awesome though, and you guys aren't here to see how stable it isn't, so that's choice.

KK was a present to myself (like any of my mates or fam would shell for one), for getting it done and for being in business 10 years. Best gift I could have bought I think.

Looking forward to some big lamb cook ups and a few fillets.

MacKenzie, hit about 26C today, summer has been pretty average but the Sun has been out a lot. Better than winter at the very least.

Sound of one hand clapping much? Last reply to myself, and more about me, I'm a reliability engineer, I break stuff for a living so when I found the KK and this forum I knew it was the right grill for me. 

Sound of one hand clapping much? Last reply to myself, and more about me, I'm a reliability engineer, I break stuff for a living so when I found the KK and this forum I knew it was the right grill for me.

Welcome.................That sounds like a fun job!!!!   Hopefully the KK will stand up to everything you throw at it.  Good looking cooks.

Welcome to the KK Family! Well done on those first cooks!! 

As a retired engineer myself, I know you will seriously appreciate the quality of the KK build and all the ways you can use it to cook amazing foods. Good to have another man of science on board, too. 

I'm a reliability engineer, I break stuff for a living so when I found the KK and this forum I knew it was the right grill for me. 

Great shot of your KK in the yard.. Love the one you sent me with your lil' boy too..

Damn.. Hope you are not one of those guys who need to bring your work home..  

;-)