tony b

Like a day at the beach

The 3 deer that have been inhabiting our neighborhood this year decided to sun themselves in my backyard today. BTW - the high was 4F, with a Minus 16F windchill. But, the deers didn't seem to mind - LOL!! 

post-975-0-90380900-1452470431_thumb.jpg

This one shows how much attention they paid to my dog barking at them from the deck. Too funny!

post-975-0-70775800-1452470529_thumb.jpg

Nice deer pictures but you can keep the deer. The reason I don't have any peach trees in my yard is deer ate them. One night they ate all the peaches and spit the pits on the ground. The following night they stripped every leaf off the 3 small trees. The following day the lawn mower got pissed about the situation and devoured what remained - LOL

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT

The city of Syracuse has a deer crisis........................so many hiding out in the city that they are causing a lot of auto accidents, they eat everything in sight (impossible to have a garden or flowers) ,stinking dead deer everywhere and Lyme disease on the rise.

People complaining like crazy............Can't shoot them in the city and they know it.  The city is interviewing bow hunters to grant special licenses to thin the herds.    

It really is a mess!!!! 

The city of Syracuse has a deer crisis........................so many hiding out in the city that they are causing a lot of auto accidents, they eat everything in sight (impossible to have a garden or flowers) ,stinking dead deer everywhere and Lyme disease on the rise.

People complaining like crazy............Can't shoot them in the city and they know it.  The city is interviewing bow hunters to grant special licenses to thin the herds.    

It really is a mess!!!! 

We have had bow hunting inside the city on occasion when the population gets too high. Special permits, etc.  

A large buck and I had an "encounter" on my way to work a few years back. I was actually stopped and he came up from the side of the road and ran right into the side of my car, rolled over the hood, then got up and ran off into a corn field. Did over $2000 damage. 

No one plants Hostas in my neighborhood. I call it Deer Salad Bar. I don't grow roses anymore either, as the deer eat the buds just before they open. Yeah, they are cute, but do a lot of damage. 

We have had bow hunting inside the city on occasion when the population gets too high. Special permits, etc.  

A large buck and I had an "encounter" on my way to work a few years back. I was actually stopped and he came up from the side of the road and ran right into the side of my car, rolled over the hood, then got up and ran off into a corn field. Did over $2000 damage. 

No one plants Hostas in my neighborhood. I call it Deer Salad Bar. I don't grow roses anymore either, as the deer eat the buds just before they open. Yeah, they are cute, but do a lot of damage. 

I grew up in north central PA. near the Allegheny National Forest. There are more deer than people and they are the number one cause of auto accidents and do a lot of damage to gardens. Many locals put up electric fences that are only about a foot above the ground. You would think a deer would just step over it, but believe it or not it really is a very good method of keeping them out.