Porkchop

WELCOME TWHARTON!!

Thanks..I Feel Special

You guys (and ladies if you're out there) are great! I've already ordered a Supreme OTB from Dennis...well sort of. I haven't given him credit card info yet but then he didn't ask yet. I did attach about 7 different photos from his site trying to verify color and even one from the Mexi-K site with red tile that my wife likes. Not to offend Dennis but she asked and even if it does irk him I get to / have to share a bed with my wife and well....yeah I'm whipped. She didn't flinch when I asked (not told) her if I could drop $2000 on a grill. She did ask what it would look like for that price in our backyard since we just finished a 3 year renovation.

This is where she (yes female she will be..think about it, if I handle her right she will either give me intense heat briefly or a long slow burn and then cool down and rest; great satisfaction for all) will live....

DSC03364.jpg

I've noticed that you folks seem to like photos (I know I do) and since it's Friday afternoon and Porkchop has been so welcoming and saved me from the cracked ring of fire, I am going to hold forth and introduce myself (with photos).

To answer Porkchop's question about my outdoor cooking experience... My Dad was a Charmglow gas griller in the 60's-70's and taught me to appreciate Steaks seared and steak tartar if Mom and Sis where off doing whatever they do. I went to college in New Orleans and was eductated (in many ways :twisted:) and learned to appreciate food. Growing up on the Gulf Coast via osmosis I learned to boil shrimp and crab and living in New Orleans graduated to crawfish. I love my dad. That's him on the back of the scooter. IMG_1685.jpg

I have always been a charcoal or wood purist ever since a neighbor of mine in New Orleans “taughtâ€

Continues

Here we are hanging out Mardis Gras day on Pensacola Beach, about 2 miles from mi casa...

Forget it :x I'm tired of fooling with the pics...I was going to attach us as described above and then me then the family who likes my cooking as long as I don't gourmet and then the 2 who LOVE everything I do....Freddy the fattest little dog in the world (named after Freddy Mercury because he has an overbite and no balls) and Vandy, the sweetest dog in the world.

Sometime in the future I promise. So what color should I get? Can't wait to hear from Dennis. I'm going home. It's 3 pm here, homecoming weekend. Oldest daughter (past HC Queen and Freshman Swimmer FSU) is crowning the new and Freshman daughter has dance and 20 Freshman couples are showing up around midnight for the "afterparty", breakfast (I've got the tools to cook!) and sleepover so I got to hide the beer and booze and take a shower. Wish I had my KK. Thanks so much for the warm welcome!

twharton

Gulf Breeze, FL

"Where Thousands Live The Way Millions Wish They Could"

RED KETTLE??

so, you go back that far with the weber, huh? you're neighbors that mocked the awesome weber kettle with their nasty gassers were only showing their ignorance! i hope you still have it; even tho they just re-released the red over the past couple years, you could only get black for the longest time!

i think the purist in you will appreciate the simplicity of the OTB. it is so versitile and will cook forever without gurus, fans, or other such items. i gather you are not getting a gas option. i'm the same. don't even need a chimney with this bad boy. light it with newspaper right in the firebox and it is ROARING in about 15. you wont even believe...

the only 2 items that have appeal for me is the extended upper grill and the rotisserie. SOME will say that ceramics dont NEED rotis for chix, but what's NEED about any of this. you CAN NOT get a rotis style chix without one. so those two, and i'm good for awhile! cant wait to see you and your wife (mainly your wife :wink: ) posing with your new KK.

you're in FL, so a bikini wouldn't be out of the question, right??? and, no, jasen, for HER not HIM!!!

Re: Continues

Freddy the fattest little dog in the world (named after Freddy Mercury because he has an overbite and no balls)

oh, this guy is gonna fit RIGHT in!

EGAD, look at the women! this guy has daughters like THAT??? i nominate them as our Komodo-ettes!! sir, you are either very tough or armed to the teeth!

Still Have the RED Kettle

Yes I still have it...Used it last night on 2 rib eyes from wally world. I seared them as always...don't know what the temp is. I use Cowboy Lump.

My method is 3 min per side then 6 waiting. I'm the only one that likes it red and this gets it med well but very juicy and all devour it so I'm happy.

So maybe by Christmas I'll have it.

I'll send side by side pics. I'll always have my kettle even though it will most certainly be mothballed.

So....any of you folks home brew? :wink:

Re: Leadog's Employer?

LEADOG Wrote.....Oh he drinks a beer that supports the company that I work for he must be alright.

So Leadog, you work for Grambrinus, the importers of the beverage in referenced?

thwarton

I finnally unraveled the maze of the connection between Foster's Beer and Corona. Foster's imports Corona into Australia.

http://www.fosterswineestates.com/enjoy ... 27516B.htm

I would always see the Corona lable in with all the rest of the Foster's lables but never figured out the connection.

Re: Still Have the RED Kettle

So maybe by Christmas I'll have it.

Wrong company.. Ordered on Sunday will ship this Thursday 24 days on the water.. You will have it beginning of December

:lol::lol:

You need to clean your shotgun with those two daughters.. Congrats you must be proud.

I'm a new proud father, my princess Larissa Isla just turned 1 on the 10th..

IslaSeptw.jpg

IslaSept2w.jpg