Jon B.

Lunch Yesterday With Rak, Tinyfish & Bosco

Red Head Sue and I had the great honor of meeting Rak, Tinyfish and Bosco for lunch yesterday in Toronto....... and then traveling 30 minutes to see Bosco's double KK set-up in person!!!!!!

I'm happy to report:

- Rak looks great after his big scare.  Sue says he is movie star handsome. He is soooo excited about his new KK arriving this week, he could hardly sit still.

- Tinyfish is a wonderful and truly interesting person.  This guy knows his stuff. It always amazes me how much knowledge our KK forum members have and share with others.  He even had ribs cooking back at home, while we were eating lunch.  

- Bosco is as crazy a BBQ nut as ever.  Back late Saturday night from a family vacation, both he & Tinyfish drive 30 minutes each way to meet us for lunch, after lunch he takes an hour to show us his super cool set-up at the house plus all the accessories, shares some smoking wood and then he has to finish unpacking and get to work at 6:00pm that same afternoon.   

It was a great time.....many secrets shared........lots of humor.........tall stories told......good food.........and new friends made!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many thanks from Sue and Jon for taking the time to meet with us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

This is what I enjoy most about this hobby, meeting people that become friends due to a common interest.  

I wish I could have squeezed more time in with everyone but my night shift was calling my name.  

I am happy to report that Jon and Sue got to see the bosco set up live and in person.... I think we have a new 32" owner in the making!!!

And thank you Jon and Sue for the wonderful burger press from Williams Sonoma!!!  I love it

Hardest part is trying to figure out where to meet? How far are folks willing to travel? 

That is a tough question......then add the "when do we do it"??????  I wonder how many guest rooms Dennis has in Indonesia???  

Tony,  I'm hoping to be in Cedar Rapids on the 1st or 2nd of April.  If you are around, maybe my sister (who lives there) and I can meet up with you and yours????  Have a few beers (maybe a bourbon) and tell a few tall BBQ tales.   :occasion5: