PRippley

Vision P Review

Interesting post!!

I have the joe jr. and it has been my work horse.  I have not yet used it since getting the KKs, however, I was considering selling it. 

Maybe I will just store it in the back shed for those times where I need a grill on the fly. 

I thought about a Weber smoky Joe 18" for travel, but the jr. is compact, a tad heavy but it is bought and paid for so....

Funny how a post pops up at the right time

I hope that you love the mini

I considered the 16.5 KK but I really cant afford another grill at this point and time and for the amount of times that I would use it, it would be a bad purchase for me. 

The 23 and 32 are my go to cookers now and perhaps the jr. will make a good shed addition for now

How much did the Akorn Jr. weigh, Charles? Bosco, when the Kub arrived my husband actually said "Yay! Can we get that table top cheapo gasser out of the camper and throw it away?" And, he is not a "throw it away" kind of guy! Saphira has spoiled him, unfortunately the Kub is not a mini Saphira, but the price was right, build quality is good and it will be fine for camping.

How much did the Akorn Jr. weigh, Charles?

Best guess is maybe 30 lbs, it's an isolated steel kamado so not as efficient as ceramic but gets the job done. Easily carried by one person even filled with lump. With a 14" grate it would hold a 7 lb butt and could burn low-n-slow for at least 16 hours. It really was the ultimate travel kamado. Unfortunately Char Griller couldn't find anyone to distribute them after the first year so they went away.

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT

Hello PRippley...................thought of you and your new camping grill;

We are down in Florida this week checking up on Mother Dear (86 years young and she is down here for 3 months).....anyway we bought our portable camping grill with us.  We were only going to cook for 3 and some how it grew to be 7 people.  All the little "gadgets" we already had for the cooker did not help us any, so.......................We went to the store and bought a disposable cooking grate and formed it to become the second level cooking grate. MacGyver would be proud!!!!

Too funny what you can do to make the little grills work for you in a pinch.   Thought of you and had to share!!!!

Three steaks on top and three steaks on the bottom.

http://Cobb2.jpg

http://Cobb.jpg

Hello PRippley...................thought of you and your new camping grill;

We are down in Florida this week checking up on Mother Dear (86 years young and she is down here for 3 months).....anyway we bought our portable camping grill with us.  We were only going to cook for 3 and some how it grew to be 7 people.  All the little "gadgets" we already had for the cooker did not help us any, so.......................We went to the store and bought a disposable cooking grate and formed it to become the second level cooking grate. MacGyver would be proud!!!!

Too funny what you can do to make the little grills work for you in a pinch.   Thought of you and had to share!!!!

Three steaks on top and three steaks on the bottom.

http://Cobb2.jpg

http://Cobb.jpg

Love this post Jon!!  MacGyver might be able to assemble it, but I bet he wouldn't be able to cook on it like you!  Those steaks looks great!