Hogsfan

My first Youtube video.

I've been thinking about creating some youtube videos for several months and this week, I finally got around to making it happen. This is my first stab at anything like this (other than a few home movies). It's just a music montage of a brisket cook. I'm barely in it and there is no talking, but that will come in time. 

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCcwOnqRICM

• Like 2

Nice job and I do have a question for you and the KK community as my 23" KK is pending delivery so this info will be useful for my first cook:

I noticed that the point end was placed back towards the hinge of the cooker – is that the hotspot (if you could call it that) for the 23 inch KK?

Thank you!

• Like 1

@Hogsfan - Justin, every time I see this video I'm struck by how great that full packer looks and the gorgeous color of blue in your backyard.  Truly a great looking KK.  

@KevinD - I run my briskets across the grate rather than perpendicular to the grate.  The couple of hot spots I have in TheBeast are really dependent on the heat deflectors I use in a particular cook.  If I use the rectangular deflectors, the hot spots are at either end of TheBeast rather than in the back.  If I'm using the "round" heat deflectors, the hot spots are around the perimeter of the interior wall.  Air will follow the path of least resistance and that seems to mean that air gets either funneled to either end or to the perimeter.  That's my experience with my KK BB 32, TheBeast.

Getting to know your KK is going to be a ton of fun!  

• Like 1

Sorry guys, I've been out of town and then had family in town for the last few weeks so I didn't even notice these thread had new reply.  Thanks for the compliment, Ken. I really like the color as well. MadMedik, It turned out great. Have I seen your grill on Youtube at some point? It looks familiar.