MacKenzie

Testing New Pizza Dough

I decided to test a new dough just for fun. Unfortunately I had to make a correction for an error I made in measuring the ingredients so this recipe needs to be tested again.

Here is the first one-

nte4xvI.jpg

and the second.

OVAD948.jpg

Baked pizza on the KK.

Lpdq6w6.jpg

Bottom of the crust.

lN9yguV.jpg

Baked and plated.

JsA6qok.jpg

Now the rest of this story, guess what happened to this one as I tried to get it off the peel, yup it stuck but good.

7BJL2gO.jpg

Hate when they stick to the peel. For me it usually ends in a messy calzone type thing.

This morning I have been checking out a king Arthur artisan pizza dough recipe. Probably going to start the process tonight. It has a 24 hour counter rise. Looks interesting.

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT

• Like 1

MacK, 

I've found I prefer to build the pizza pie on granite/marble/stainless steel counter surface (or similar ;)) then slide onto the prepped peel.   But even with this procedure I occasionally need to give, right before I want to slide the pie from peel to hot stone, a quick blow of hot breath :D between the pie and the peel.   Learned that trick here...sorry I can't credit the source but you know who you are  :)

For heavier and/or more pie ingredients beyond the typical Neapolitan style I just use a pizza screen...and take the easy/lazy/less messy way out :D