marbque

Hello all

Hello All,

My name is Mario, I am mabzmuzik on the kaamdoguru.com site.  I am going back and forth about upgrading to a Komodo Kamado. I like cooking outdoors on all of my kamados. Every since I laidd eyes on the KK's I have been on the fence about getting me 1 or 2 :). I am in the midwest. IF you are interested in seeing any of my cooks please take a look at www.instagram.com/marbque  for my food pics. I also have a home recording studio well I do some mixing of peoples projects and also offer a 2 track makeover for people who only use a computer to produce their music. I also do some storm chasing  whenever I can find the time

buddy welcome to what I refer to as the natural transition of good chefs!!  You love this hobby, I have seen you cook and I know that you have good taste for everything you buy!!  The KK is going to bring your cooking to the next level. 

This forum is great and very peaceful.  We all encourage everyone and I find that there is a nice group of quality grill enthusiasts here. 

You and I have been chatting about you updating for a while now and I can honestly tell you that once you commit to buy the only thing that will bug you is that you didn't do it sooner. 

I know that you are looking at the 23 and 32 from our conversations and that you are considering both, but one for now.  What I will tell you is that the 23" is one heck of a cooker.  Get going on that and see what you need/want from there. 

Dennis is one heck of a guy and will steer you in the right direction!!  If you have any questions everyone here will jump in and help answer them.  I can not wait to hear your thoughts on cooking on a KK.  Rak and I were in the same spot a short time ago.  One thing is for sure, joining this forum is the kiss of death lol!!! You will own sooner than you were expecting lol!!!

Cant wait to have you on board and cooking on a KK buddy, I know that you deserve it and have been thinking hard about this purchase. Trust other that have taken the plunge.... KK is the real deal and you will be finding new homes for your other grills in short order!!!

Welcome buddy!

Ryan

My suggestion is to go ahead, order, and get it over with, you'll be glad you did. Kk's not only cook better IMO, but they have a different feel also. I'm sure I'm not the first, or last to feel this way, but once the crate is sitting in your driveway, any possible buyers remorse is gone, and the ride just gets better as you go. This is before you even fire it up!!<br />

<br />

Dennis, and kk's are the real deal, there is simply no comparison. <br />

<br />

<br />

Rob

Welcome, Mario!

I understand about being on the fence. It seems like a big commitment to get yourself a KK grill.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here. But for what it's worth, I jumped in with both feet into the kamado world, and picked up a KK grill as my first ever kamado, and that was without any low and slow BBQ experience. I couldn't be happier.

Welcome Mario, nice to see you over here. Love seeing your cooks on Instagram. You will love the KK. The initial purchase can seem hard to justify at first. Once it arrives you'll soon forget all about the money spent.

Started with one. Mrs skreef was soon on board for a second. Both of those were table top models. Now last night she said a stand alone unit would look good in our herb garden we have proposed for this spring. She's come a long way from totally rejecting the idea of a KK.

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT

• Like 1

Welcome Mario, nice to see you over here. Love seeing your cooks on Instagram. You will love the KK. The initial purchase can seem hard to justify at first. Once it arrives you'll soon forget all about the money spent.

Started with one. Mrs skreef was soon on board for a second. Both of those were table top models. Now last night she said a stand alone unit would look good in our herb garden we have proposed for this spring. She's come a long way from totally rejecting the idea of a KK.

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT

Would that be the first KK trifecta??   :occasion5:

Hi Mario.

The quality of a KK is unmatched. It is hard to appreciate how well a KK is designed and built till it arrives.

My friend was over to see my KK's for the first time a few days ago and he couldn't believe his eyes he was speech less. He must have opened and closed the dome a hundred times, each time saying "this dome weighs 200+ pounds I can't believe it".