Rick W.

Automated Temp Control

The cables on the probes/ thermocouples on the Mavericks and the other $30-50 units  just aren't commercial grade, they're too small and go dead with frequent use.  

I use the Guru's (usually without the fan) as remote thermometer.. They use a industrial grade thermocouple with big beefy armored cables that won't die first time they get a kink or go over 400º

Like other tools, you get what you pay for.. I cook too much to use a $3 cable.

I promised pics so here they are. Daenarys arrived today - didn't fit through the Solana doors so had to uncrate just outside and then navigate in (a somewhat scary experience!). After 3 hours of unpacking and settling in, she is absolutely gorgeous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all. It's dark out now but I'll take more pics as I get my hands dirty :). Hope to "burn in" in the next few days. Contemplating what first cook will be (likely something simple like a couple of steaks).

The Doorman is our grandson. Dog is Blackjack - one of three (we also have his pup and the 'Mom'). They will likely show up in future pics as they are never far from whatever I happen to be doing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk