MacKenzie

Rotisserie Chicken

Inspired by Rak's cook I got busy and put this chicken on the rotisserie today and put the double bottomed pan in. First time for me to use the double bottomed pan. Having picked up a tip from mk1 put some potatoes in the pan, also added some carrots and an onion. Put them all in at the start of the cook, next time I'll let the chicken go for 30 mins or so then add the veggies and I won't split the carrots.

Chicken is locked in and ready to go for a spin.

TVM6i0A.jpg

Veggies are ready to add.

VrerZQt.jpg

On the KK and ready to rotate.

9bSslKt.jpg

KK was running around 350-370F for 2 hours and the chicken was done and some of the veggies overdone.

yWDXZfx.jpg

qQo6ZzG.jpg

On the platter-

C7sFLUD.jpg

Plated.

Rom1cmH.jpg

The chicken was very moist.

bhDIABT.jpg

Thanks, everyone. :) It was goooood. :)

Rak, I oiled the veggies and the bottom of the pan. I think I'd add the veggies about 1/2 hour into the cook but that would depend upon how big the chicken was.

Tony, I just stopped the spin and stirred the veggies around. It wasn't much of a problem and it wouldn't be a problem to add veggies but it would be a problem trying to take them out.

Ok thanks MacKenzie.  I was thinking to put the veggies in for the first 45 mins or so, to let them cook.   Then I was thinking of removing everything and letting the chicken cook directly over the flames to crisp up the skin.  Looking at your pictures, you certainly didnt have any issues getting that skin nice and crispy cooking indirect!  Thanks MacKenzie!

Put the bones, carrots, onion, celery, salt and pepper into a stock pot and then into 185F oven yesterday afternoon, took it off this morning about 11:00, just strained it through a wire mess strainer to keep the veggies, etc. out. It gave me 7 jars of chicken stock.This is exactly how it came out, I'm surprised how clear it is and how good it tastes. Looks like the makings of a nice chicken noodle soup. :) This was one of those naturally raised chickens without antibiotics, etc. so I wanted to make the most of it.

7kZIbzR.jpg

That looks spectacular. Are those homemade crackers? (probably a stupid question) The cheese and crackers look really good too.

At this point if I put chicken in anything (even if it's cooked indoors) I always take the time to grill the chicken. Grilled or rotisserie chicken just adds a nice flavor to even the most mundane chicken dishes. (not saying your soup was mundane)

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT