rogerfromco

FNG from Denver

The 23" Ultimate comes loaded with three 3/8†304 stainless steel grates that can be used in four cooking positions, SS charcoal basket, SS drip pan, heat deflector, rotisserie shaft system (roti ready), Auto Temp control fan faceplate (BBQ Guru/Rocks Stokker), side accessory plates, grate hanger. Spare kit with extra knobs, gaskets, matching tiles, springs, plugs etc..

Optional extras:

23†Ultimate ~ Rod & Tube Side Table                           180 ea 
23†Ultimate ~ Stainless insert for Side Table                  85           
23†Ultimate ~ Basket Splitter                                        128
23†Ultimate ~ Baking Stone                                           80
17†Round ~ Baking Stone                                              68
23†Ultimate ~ Extra Charcoal basket                           144
23†Ultimate ~ Rib Rack                                                  78
23†Ultimate ~ Drip pan Single                                     125
23†Ultimate ~ Drip pan Double                                    190
23†Ultimate ~ Gas Burner Assembly                            178
23†Ultimate ~ 8†Rotisserie Cradle w/ 6†reducer        160
23†Ultimate ~ Sunbrella cover                                      170
UPS for cover   US                                                          22
Stainless and teak grate grabbers                                   40
Stainless grill grabbers                                                    24
20 lbs box CoCo Charcoal                                                    
20 lbs box Coffee lump Charcoal                                          

While it's a big shopping list, here is what I would call "essentials" and the rest are all nice "toys." Very nice toys!!!

Baking stone is at the top of the list. Get the 23" ultimate one! 

Second charcoal basket and basket splitter. They are indispensable. You want to sear some steaks in a hurry, it's the basket splitter! 

Given where you live, a cover is a very good idea. 

Load up the shipping crate with as much CoCo and Coffee charcoal as will fit. It will be the cheapest you will ever get it. 

Since you said you already had a table, I didn't include the side tables, but if you're looking for extra laydown area, consider them. 

What this old thing????

post-2504-0-94839300-1454695174_thumb.jp

In fairness tony, I wouldn't say coerced. I would say more like enablers helping out a functional addict lol.

I think the essential purchase is the 23" Ultimate and I think the best accessories would be in order:

Ultimate baking stone, cover, rotisserie, side tables with stainless tops.

If money not a factor add the double bottom drip pan and the second basket with splitter.

That is to me the most thought out purchase in my opinion. The rotisserie is a must just because it is awesome!!!

Trust me when I tell you this... That gasser is going to be history in no time. That 23 can be at 350 degrees in 10-15 min. I was in shock when I got to temps so quickly. Coming from a KJ they heat up fast but not like that. And the KK uses far less fuel than my old big joe. So it was the right decision.

I say if a gasser has that sentimental value keep it but get that primo gone!!! I'm sure you have a buddy that would take it for a good price. That way you can keep the warranty going for them!!!

Hey Roger!

Ok, so I don't normally time my start up, but since you asked, it was top of mind!

Today I had Asian salad with seared Tuna (which was delicious by the way, sorry no pics...we were starving!).

The outside temperature was -1C, approx 30F. I opened up the top and bottom vent and lit the coals in 2 places. I went from stone cold to 400F in almost exactly 20 minutes. I seared the tuna steaks (about 1 1/2 mins per side) and then shut her down. Because the outside was still freezing cold to the touch, I popped the cover on immediately and came indoors, not having to worry about going back out later to cover the grill. So from uncovering to grilling to shutting down and re-covering, I was done in just about 30 mins.

The force us strong with this group. LOL

Seriously, I appreciate the info. I think I recall some Denver KK owners over on the Guru forum. Maybe I can contact on of them to check one out in person.

GrillingMontana is located in Montana if you're up to a road trip contact him.

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT