ckreef

Guru Challenge 1/2 Way

First congratulations to bosco for winning last month's veggie challenge with his Smokey Swiss Jalapeño Portobello Burger.

tinyfish came in second with his Mushroom Thyme Lentil Pie and Zucchini Fudge Cake.

Mrs skreef tied for third with her Carrot Cake.

This is an 18 month challenge series and we have now completed 9 months bringing us to the half way point. In overall standings for this first half of the series here is how us KK'ers stand.

1st place bosco

2nd tinyfish

3rd DerHusker (a guru member)

4th me ckreef

5th Mrs skreef

So out of the top five spots us KK owners have four of those five spots. Fantastic cooking from all.

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT

• Like 1

Its all in good fun.

This month the challenge is a really big sandwich.

I'm a little stumped. I had an idea but the more I think about it the more I'm sure it would have no chance of winning. I am working on a second idea. Maybe I'll try and get it together this weekend.

Mrs skreef has come up with a decent idea. We'll both get something in before the end of the month. Wouldn't want to loose the ending bonus points.

• Like 1

Last month my first choice was the pizza but I didn't enter it.

For this month its hard to figure what will win, sometimes simpler is better.

Its really all about the presentation...make something that will photograph well and show off the ingredients with lots of colour.

Its really all about the presentation...make something that will photograph well and show off the ingredients with lots of colour.

That and you have to figure out what most people would like to see. The best presentation won't win if nobody likes the basic idea. A bad presentation with a well liked idea will always win out. This has happened in more than one of the challenges so far.