twolken68

23 Ultimate cover by umbrella

Hello:

My name is Tom from Kansas City, I was wanting to know if anyone had pictures of the umbrella cover for the Ultimate 23?  I just drove from Kansas City to Davenport Iowa to pick up an Ultimate 23 from a private owner.  It is brand new, been on the original pallet from KK for a year or so and never used.  I am anxious to start using it to say the least.  I have been an egg owner for many years and can't wait until I can get the KK grill into its final resting place and start doing what this grill does best which makes incredible food.

Tom

I'm guessing you're referring to covers made from sunbrella material. It's a synthetic material similar to canvas used for boat covers, awnings, etc., highly UV resistant, very durable, you can search sunbrella on the net. Most KK owners like to show pics of their grills uncovered, but you might be able to find cover pics. Look on the KK website, you might be able to order there. There's no better cover for your new baby, I recommend them highly.

Pics of your grill are required, and we'd love to hear whatever you care to share about your purchase, but mostly, congratulations on your KK!

Thanks for the information Robert.  I bought mine from a private owner in Davenport IA, I found it on ebay of all places.  A gentlemen ordered it and he passed away and I bought it from his daughter who had been storing it for a year in a garage.  She did not want the grill and I was very happy to purchase it.   It will be a few weeks before it will be ready for pictures.  My deck is going to be replaced and framed up to support the weight of the new KK.  

Take Care,

Tom

Again, congrats on your grill, you're in for a very pleasant experience, the kk is in a class of its own, but since you have egg experience, your learning curve will be very small. FYI, in case you didn't know, the bolts on the bottoms of the legs are all you need to remove in order to lift off the entire crate. Second, the very top of the crate is a ramp for rolling the grill off the pallet.

Robert

Congratulations on your purchase, twolken68. It's very unusual to find a KK for sale. You did good! Will be watching for pictures. In case you haven't noticed, everything requires pictures here.

I just purchased a KK today... She's a 23 like yours. Looking forward to reading about, and seeing, your posts.

Sunbrella Covers

Komodo Kamado makes custom covers 

A little about these covers. We use the best material we can find, 'Exterior Marine grade Sunbrella, color fast, breathable, resistant to sun, mold, mildew, atmospheric chemicals, salt, rain, etc. comes from the manufacturer with a 10 year warranty (excluding labor). The best warranty in the industry. Sunbrella is the material you see used in the marinas on 80% of the boats/sail covers. Seams are double sewn waterproof style, seam edges turned under and sewn. Heavy 18oz. nylon reinforced vinyl (truck tarp) is sewn inside around the mid section (6" wide band), and inside the very top to protect from rubbing against top of hat(damper), hinge, etc.. There's also a matching sunbrella handle sewn flat into the top; comes in handy for handling the covers during install/removal and can also be used to hang the cover while not in use. 

These will be made up and shipped on the next container leaving Indonesia or sent out directly post to you from Indo..

Click on the links for more details and to see available colors 

Cover for 23" Grill ~ Marine Grade Sunbrella   $170 Plus  $24 for UPS from LA or $54 post directly from Indo

Cover for 32" Grill ~ Marine Grade Sunbrella   $230  Plus $28 for UPS from LA or $65 post directly from Indo

SUNBRELLA colors available right now in Indonesia

4617  ROYAL BLUE TWEED

4618  WALNUT BROWN TWEED

4620  BEIGE

4628  TOAST 

4630  CADET GREY

4633  LINEN

4642  OYSTER

4644  CHARCOAL GREY

4645  SEAGRASS GREEN

4648  TAUPE

4653  MEDITERRANEAN BLUE TWEED