heavenlyink

6″ ROTISSERIE CRADLE Verses 8" ROTISSERIE CRADLE

I have yet to get a rotisserie cradle and want to before good weather come for outdoor cooking so i will be ready. Which ones do i get i plan for chicken but i would like the option for larger meats like turkey or roasts. Will the 8" hold a chicken well enough? I am planning my meat chicken chick order so will have home grown birds and not city chickens to spin. What do you all say is the way to go? Also would you use the double bottom drip pan while cooking with the rotisserie. When we got our grill the drip pan was a shiny round catch pan. What do you say?

I have yet to get a rotisserie cradle and want to before good weather come for outdoor cooking so i will be ready. Which ones do i get i plan for chicken but i would like the option for larger meats like turkey or roasts. Will the 8" hold a chicken well enough? I am planning my meat chicken chick order so will have home grown birds and not city chickens to spin. What do you all say is the way to go? Also would you use the double bottom drip pan while cooking with the rotisserie. When we got our grill the drip pan was a shiny round catch pan. What do you say?

I have and use both cradles for reasons you listed. I use the round shiny catch pan but wish I had the double bottom drip pan.

On a gas grill many moons ago, the best chicken I made was salted, rotisserie with smoke box. On a Weber even longer ago, the best chicken and duck I made was direct over mesquite lump. (My tastes have changed.)

I made many tries with a rotisserie and my KK. Even if cleanup was a push, I'd prefer direct grilling in a rather hot KK over a nearly spent fire, after brining and spatchcocking or further parsing the chicken.

And cleanup is not a push. Some of us honestly wish we'd never heard of a rotisserie. But they are fun.