Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
heavenlyink

6″ ROTISSERIE CRADLE Verses 8" ROTISSERIE CRADLE

I have yet to get a rotisserie cradle and want to before good weather come for outdoor cooking so i will be ready. Which ones do i get i plan for chicken but i would like the option for larger meats like turkey or roasts. Will the 8" hold a chicken well enough? I am planning my meat chicken chick order so will have home grown birds and not city chickens to spin. What do you all say is the way to go? Also would you use the double bottom drip pan while cooking with the rotisserie. When we got our grill the drip pan was a shiny round catch pan. What do you say?

The 8" rotisserie with the 6" reducer is the way to. This will allow you to cook small and larger size cooks.

I am waiting on the new single bottom drip pan for myself since I don't make any gravy. If I did make gravy I would have done with the double bottom drip pan.

What size is your KK???

I would agree with the 8" model as well

I have double bottom drip pan and it is great as you can collect drippings and use it as a deflector at the same time

The 8 inch model with the 6 inch reducer is what I have and like it very much. Also have the double bottom drip pan and used it with the last rotisserie chicken to collect some drippings for gravy.:)

I have yet to get a rotisserie cradle and want to before good weather come for outdoor cooking so i will be ready. Which ones do i get i plan for chicken but i would like the option for larger meats like turkey or roasts. Will the 8" hold a chicken well enough? I am planning my meat chicken chick order so will have home grown birds and not city chickens to spin. What do you all say is the way to go? Also would you use the double bottom drip pan while cooking with the rotisserie. When we got our grill the drip pan was a shiny round catch pan. What do you say?

I have and use both cradles for reasons you listed. I use the round shiny catch pan but wish I had the double bottom drip pan.

Thank you all so much for your replies 8" with a 6" reducer it is and the double bottom drip pan sounds like the most versitale. Who doesnt like gravy? Bosco you asked the size we have a 23" KK.

I have the 8" rotisserie, and love it, use it all the time, but I don't know what the 6" reducer is, can someone explain?

I would like to know also.............anyone have a photo???

Jon, your wish in my command;)

sEv1NGm.jpg

The adapter just clips on to two of the bars of the 8 in roti.

z5mZsMQ.jpg

Installed.

5bm6C8H.jpg

Then you can change the balance by shifting the adapter into the other threaded fitting. 

YQsSvTt.jpg

• Like 1

On a gas grill many moons ago, the best chicken I made was salted, rotisserie with smoke box. On a Weber even longer ago, the best chicken and duck I made was direct over mesquite lump. (My tastes have changed.)

I made many tries with a rotisserie and my KK. Even if cleanup was a push, I'd prefer direct grilling in a rather hot KK over a nearly spent fire, after brining and spatchcocking or further parsing the chicken.

And cleanup is not a push. Some of us honestly wish we'd never heard of a rotisserie. But they are fun.