Cookie

Replying To Forum Posts

When you guys and gals go to respond to a post, once you are already inside of an established thread, do you find that when you click in the box to start your response, you always end up clicking on the Bold or Italics, or Underline buttons, and then have to play with it to turn those off? Wondering if this is a common issue, or if it is just me / my browser?

The response box initially doesn't show the buttons, but as soon as I click in the empty window to start my typing, boom, the buttons appear and inevitably one of the formatting buttons is selected.

If none of the above makes sense, sorry, not an easy problem to describe, please ignore.

Cookie

I kinda see what you mean - are you double-clicking when you click in the Reply box?

When I single click the Reply box, the box opens up and the formatting bar appears. My mouse ends up right over the formatting bar, but nothing is selected unless I click again.

When the mouse if hovered, the button looks like it is selected, but it isn't. If you just mouse away, the button highlight (the darker grey) goes away.

I kinda see what you mean - are you double-clicking when you click in the Reply box?

When I single click the Reply box, the box opens up and the formatting bar appears. My mouse ends up right over the formatting bar, but nothing is selected unless I click again.

When the mouse if hovered, the button looks like it is selected, but it isn't. If you just mouse away, the button highlight (the darker grey) goes away.

I agree that double clicking can do this. The forum software is set up so that the first click activates the reply box, and brings up the formatting bar. If your first click is at the top of the box, the formatting bar will be right under your cursor. So if you double click at the top of the reply box, it’s pretty easy to activate bold/italic/underline/etc.