cschaaf

Sous Vide Temperature Charts

I reference a few different SV temperature charts. Please add any that you have.
  • ChefSteps
  • Serious Eats

There are plenty more out there.

One issue is that there's very little agreement between the sources. I use them as a reference - pick 2 or 3, compare their settings, and shoot for an average to start. From there, I may tweak the temperature a bit for the next cook.

I need to start keeping my own notes so that I can track what we like best.

The beauty of sous vide is the consistency. Like you said, with a little trial and error, you will eventually find the temperature for each dish that suits your taste. After that, it's virtually mindless to get perfect results time and time again. I don't mind spending the extra money for a great steak when I know it will be cooked to perfection each and every time.

I'd also like to add, when it comes to low and slow BBQ, the Komodo Kamado is in the same camp. Season your meat, start the grill, and enjoy consistent results every single time. The grill is no longer a variable. It's predictable, and precise, which has taken my cooking to a whole new level.