Geo

Moving 23" Ultimate to Geo's patio

My brand new 23" Ultimate KK arrived on Thursday, and my son Dan, came over after work to help move it. The delivery driver was kind enough to set the KK just outside the entry door.  While waiting for Dan to get here, I removed the screws that hold the pallet cover to the pallet. While the cover isn't heavy, it is awkward to lift by myself, so at that point, I waited for Dan to get here. Once he arrived, it only took a few minutes to uncrate the KK, move it into & through the house, and onto the back patio. The process was very easy... There is one 4" step up at the front entry to the house, and another 4" step down to the patio.

Here's the KK as delivered to the front door. I asked the driver to place it that close so we could go directly from the pallet through the front door.

image.thumb.jpeg.95798bd43293736948bcbf3

The KK was through the front door in a flash!

image.thumb.jpeg.0f25b3b20082931b9f6b86b

I has has two partial sheets of 3/4" plywood. Thought we'd need it to protect the tile floor, but about mid-way thorough the house, we decided to just push it without the plywood. We didn't experience any problems doing it that way.

image.thumb.jpeg.81b3fa6b7b2f49cb99f2e51

Since we didn't have to lift the KK, we had to find another use for the ropes...

image.thumb.jpeg.1f5e40d130a9fd3aa1347ac

Once we were finished clowning around, it was an easy matter to push the KK through the back door, and down the ramp to the patio.

image.thumb.jpeg.aad88e52f7a96f4b693eb4f

The KK in position on the patio. Isn't she a beauty!

image.thumb.jpeg.893aff4d271320fbd5f3df6

The he move went EXTREMELY smoothly, and only took perhaps 15-minutes. I couldn't be more pleased!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

On 05/03/2016 at 9:10 PM, Geo said:

My brand new 23" Ultimate KK arrived on Thursday, and my son Dan, came over after work to help move it. The delivery driver was kind enough to set the KK just outside the entry door.  While waiting for Dan to get here, I removed the screws that hold the pallet cover to the pallet. While the cover isn't heavy, it is awkward to lift by myself, so at that point, I waited for Dan to get here. Once he arrived, it only took a few minutes to uncrate the KK, move it into & through the house, and onto the back patio. The process was very easy... There is one 4" step up at the front entry to the house, and another 4" step down to the patio.

Here's the KK as delivered to the front door. I asked the driver to place it that close so we could go directly from the pallet through the front door.

image.jpeg

The KK was through the front door in a flash!

image.jpeg

I has has two partial sheets of 3/4" plywood. Thought we'd need it to protect the tile floor, but about mid-way thorough the house, we decided to just push it without the plywood. We didn't experience any problems doing it that way.

image.jpeg

Since we didn't have to lift the KK, we had to find another use for the ropes...

image.jpeg

Once we were finished clowning around, it was an easy matter to push the KK through the back door, and down the ramp to the patio.

image.jpeg

The KK in position on the patio. Isn't she a beauty!

image.jpeg

The he move went EXTREMELY smoothly, and only took perhaps 15-minutes. I couldn't be more pleased!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

It appears that you had to get the kk over the thresh hold at your house....how did you do that without the weight breaking it?  I am wondering if going through my house would be easier than around my very narrow side of the house.

• Like 1

Hi Shuley. Sorry I'm so late welcoming you to the forum. Glad you've joined.

The pictures don't show it well, but I just positioned the plywood such that the thresholds were near the middle of the board. I didn't do anything to protect the threshold. The plywood rocked up, then down as we rolled the KK over it. There was no damage to either the threshold or the track that guides the sliding door. I wouldn't hesitate to do it that way again.  If I can be of any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes on your purchase. I know you'll be pleased. 

@Shuley - also check out the picture of the shipping crate for the 23". I know you were interested in making a table out of yours.

You'd have to pull off the KK boards then cut off the bottom leaving the top at whatever height you want. The hardest part will be getting the same length on each leg. Then trim the KK boards to fit the new diagonal. 

Edited by cschaaf