ckreef

Reef's Herb Garden

Lucky you, ck, to have the hummingbirds so early. I won't likely see mine until about the end of the first week of May. AND look at those flowers. :):):)

We only get a few this early. I think they stop over to rest and let it warm up a bit before migrating farther North. Maybe this little guy will make it all the way up to you :-)

I like putting the feeders out early so they stop in every year.

The major bulk of the humming birds will start showing up around the middle of May.

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT

16 hours ago, Firemonkey said:

Did you use nested bins to make a true self watering container (with a reservoir in the bottom,  or just plant in a bin full of soil?

these are nested.  The top bucket has drainage holes, and a "mesh pot" (home made with a Dremel and plastic cup) that hangs down to the bottom of the bottom bucket. The pvc pipe allows the bottom bucket (the reservoir) to be filled.  

Yeah, mine is a true self watering - similar to what he does here: http://gardenfrugal.com/videos/diy-watering-container-10/

I used small plastic planters rather than the drainage pipe he used. It watered well, I think. The tomato plants grew tall, but only had about 4 tomatoes on each. They got to about golf ball sized, then never got any bigger.

I'm hoping to plant some in the ground this year.

It's a water pool.;)

Jez you didn't have to guess it so quickly - LOL. Small 125 gallon pond with a 8 gallon water fall. Sunk down into the ground with matching flag stones all around.

Mrs skreef has had ponds in the past but this will be my first. Should be interesting.

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT

Beautiful, sk and ck.  and to think  a very short time ago none of this excited.

Thank you Mckenzie. You mean existed? But we are excited to be able to have this oasis. Many days and evenings to enjoy. So glad we decided on this project.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.