ckreef

Reef's Herb Garden

No fish yet. Waiting for the Pond to run a bit before we put fish in.. Going this morning to get some plants... I want to have some hiding places for them from predators. I do love this pic.. She's a mama. She had 4 baby's a week and a half ago.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Skreef - there's nothing in the world more fascinating to a Kitty Cat than a nice Koi pond.  Of course, given what Koi cost, you don't want your Kitty being too good at fishing! ;)

You and ckreef have one really beautiful heb garden.  A job very, very well done.  Giga-kudos to you, Charles, and Hawk!  

• Like 1

You pool is on the critter map. :) I was thinking the other day about the pool and wondering how it was going. :) I put my hummingbird feeders out as the first males should show up soon. I put three out and only have one more to go. They come back to the same place as last year to look for the feeder. It's kind of neat.

You pool is on the critter map.  I was thinking the other day about the pool and wondering how it was going.  I put my hummingbird feeders out as the first males should show up soon. I put three out and only have one more to go. They come back to the same place as last year to look for the feeder. It's kind of neat.

It's going good, water plants coming along. Three gold fish in it. In another month or so I'll post some update pictures - should really be going good by then

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Is it mean of me to ask if you stepped on the spider.

Spiders are our friends - they eat bugs - without them (and bats) we would be overrun with bugs. Male Wolf spiders can get almost as large as tarantulas and don't generally mess with the human population.

A funny side story - when Hawke was 7 or 8 there was an extra large (think tarantula sized) Wolf spider in the house one night. We chased him around from room to room for about an hour (Yea they're really fast) before we finally cornered him. We smushed him and I felt bad - he didn't deserve that.

ck, I need you to pack those little travelling bags for the humming birds and send them on their way. They should have been here yesterday, I have my well stocked feeders out but not one h bird in sight.

Those original 2 left some time ago and should be arriving at your house any day now :-)

We now have 3 or 4 permanent guests. The population will build from here out. Last year we had around 20. Shouldn't be long for you.

CK, you are so right, one male arrived just a few minutes ago and it was at the kitchen window feeder. As usual I heard it before I saw it. Love the flutter of those little wings. All is right with the world now.:)

Over the last day or so we seemed to have a population explosion. There are now about 10 hummingbirds. I took the feeder down today for a few minutes so I could raise the hanger a little bit. They were mad as hell and was dive bombing my head - LOL

At the end of last summer my second feeder broke. Next weekend I need to go buy a new one. The feeders I use are fairly large, have a glass reservoir with a wide mouth so you can easily get a bottle brush down in them. I hope I can find another one like it next weekend.

It's going good, water plants coming along. Three gold fish in it. In another month or so I'll post some update pictures - should really be going good by then

Is it mean of me to ask if you stepped on the spider.

Not for me tiny.. Lol... Hate spiders..

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.