Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
ckreef

Reef's Herb Garden

The potato plants have come alive. There are two more eyes that are developing but they are very small right now. They are near the larger one, top right corner. SK,  I'm very happy that you inspired me to do this.

Potato Plants1.jpg

They are looking very good. Mine are little and skinny. Not sure why.

e63d8f59054de51da855656fb0057b41.jpg

Mrs. Reef's Bistro

• Like 1

When you first planted them did you plant with all the growth below the soil? Also maybe yours sprouts were longer than mine. When I planted the sprouts were about 1/2 inch.

After another heavy killer frost last night my potato plant was done for so i dug underneath and came up with these treasures. I have already taken 6 potatoes out earlier and the in total there were 41 potatoes. Thanks to SK because she inspired me to plant the potatoes slips in the first place. I will clean the soil off later but right now I don't want to damage the this skin on the potatoes.

Potatoes.jpg

• Like 2

Killing frost already? :alright:

Hoping to keep my stuff going for a while here, especially my chiles. I will probably rape and pillage the basil plants soon to make pesto before they get hit with cold nights. They don't need to see frost, just cold air (40s) to go bad. 

Nice potatoes. Our potatoe plants were duds. Then again I have a black thumb so by me just looking at them probably did them in LOL. 

Thanks All, I think I'll be doing this potato bag method again next year except I'll have at least one more bag added to the plan. :)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.