I used this recipe from King Arthur Flour to make my soda crackers. They are easy to do and are very tasty. I don't need to look further for another recipe.

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/traditional-soda-crackers-recipe#reviews

*** Ingredients – Half batch in bold.

101 g  (I added a little extra flour.) - 1 1/2 cups (6 3/8 ounces) King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
3.8g  - 2 teaspoons instant yeast
1g  - 1/4 teaspoon salt
1g  - 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
0.4g  - 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
67g  - 2/3 cup (5 3/4 ounces) hot water (120°F to 130°F) 
1/4t barley malt or 1/2t sugar  - 1/2 teaspoon barley malt extract or 1 teaspoon sugar
10.9g  - 2 tablespoons (3/4 ounce) vegetable shortening
15g  - 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) butter, melted

Instructions

In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 cup flour, yeast, salt, baking soda and cream of tartar. Stir in hot water, malt extract (or sugar) and shortening. Mix well to combine. 

Add remaining 1/2 cup flour to form a workable dough. Transfer dough to lightly floured work surface and knead till soft and elastic -- about 5 minutes by hand, 3 to 4 minutes in an electric mixer equipped with dough hook, or 30 seconds in a food processor. Form dough into ball and place in a large, clean, well-greased bowl, turning to coat all sides. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or up to 18 hours (the longer the better). 

Punch dough down and transfer to a lightly floured work surface. Using a rolling pin, roll dough into a large rectangle about 1/16-inch thick. If dough seems too elastic and fights being rolled thin, let it rest for 5 minutes, then start again; it should be easier going after the gluten has relaxed. 

Fold the dough in from the short ends to make three layers (like folding a letter). Roll out again, no more than 1/16-inch thick. Make sure surface under dough is well floured, as otherwise crackers will be hard to transfer to baking sheet. 

Prick the dough all over with a fork. Cut into squares, circles, or whatever shape you'd like. A rolling pizza cutter and yardstick makes short work of this part. Transfer the crackers to lightly greased or parchment -lined baking sheets; don't allow them to touch one another, but you don't have to leave much room between one cracker and the next, either. Sprinkle crackers lightly with salt, and seeds (sesame, poppy, caraway...) if desired. Press salt/seeds lightly into dough with your fingers. 

Bake crackers in a preheated 425°F oven for 10 to 20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the crackers. Crackers will be lightly browned. Remove crackers from oven and brush with melted butter. Remove from baking sheet and allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.

The full recipe makes lots of crackers -- enough to fill two half-sheet (13 x 18-inch) pans.

Tips:

1. I used Fat Daddio’s baking sheet and set oven to 400F baked for 10 mins. Shut oven off when the colour is correct. Be careful as they will burn easily.

2. After 10 mins. shut the oven off, open the door a few inches and let the cracker sit in the oven while it cools. They should be dry at the end of this process.

3. For cheese flavour add 12g of grated aged cheddar.