Newg4

Look what showed up today...

image.thumb.jpg.64591d69069f10df87f618c1

My 23 was delivered today and I couldn't be more happy!!! I had the driver drop it off in my detached garage. We just moved in this house a month ago and my garages are still a mess. These pics were taken from my phone so not the best quality 

image.thumb.jpg.70a923d111ba02275bdff2ce

image.thumb.jpg.ab86282a13110d95dfaf9b63

image.thumb.jpg.a2f557cecd25bab68977cdf8

These Tera Blue tiles are amazing up close!!

image.thumb.jpg.24a486e1b17b027d2697ec27

Now I just need to recruit some help and get this baby on my deck!! The bad news is that we are supposed to get 4-5 inches of rain over the next couple days. 

• Like 1

image.thumb.jpg.b0a7295947b32eec7b1c1594

I'm not going to be able to do the burn in until this weekend, but I couldn't resist so I rolled it outside and cooked some burgers on it... I followed a post Bosco made about vent settings and it was right on. I lit 1 spot of lump with my mapp torch, bottom vent halfway open, top vent open 3 turns. It got up to 300 fairly quick and I closed the bottom to 1/4 open and the top to 1 turn open. Within 20 min or so she was parked at 350. I opened the top just a little more and I was at 375. Temp control on these cookers is a thing of beauty. The burgers were just simple cheese burgers with a little dizzy pigs, but they came out great!! Soo juicy!! Didn't get any pics of them sorry...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tinyfish said:

A little late but congratulations on your KK. I'm going through a house move myself.  I wish my garage was as neat as yours.

Thanks! The garage in the pic was actually not that bad prior to KK showing up. I still need to get my tools and work bench organized. Now my garage attached to my house is whole different story, stuff stacked everywhere. 

3 hours ago, CeramicChef said:

Newg4 - welcome to the KKFamily and welcome to The Addiction!

Thats one beautiful KK and were I you, I'd get a gun.  As gorgeous as the KK is, that cute little Tyke steals the show in every pic!  I'd get a gun! ;)

Haha. Ya that one is going to be trouble!! She has a brother that is 2 years older that will keep an eye out for her. 

• Like 1