churchi

In and Out Burger Recipe

Hi All,

Came across this today.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/food/eat/weve-discovered-the-secret-to-innout-burgers/news-story/537d0f08d4a8490dda2503b731c6c303

Ive never had one of their burgers, but it sure does look good in the pics.

Does this recipe come close to the original?

I think im going to have to try and re-create it :)

I haven't tried the recipe, but it should be pretty close to an In-N-Out burger. You can save time on the sauce if you have a bottle of a Thousand Island dressing.

Having said that, you probably can already make a better burger. ^_^ I think In-N-Out burgers are overrated. They are very good, but there are other places I would rather go for a burger.

I agree with Wilbur on this. Had heard lots of reports about how good In-And-Out burgers are, and wanted to try one, but the lines of people waiting outside the restaurant were too much for me. My son and I really enjoy a good burger. Finally got to try one, and we were both disappointed. Nothing wrong with the burger, but certainly nothing special! 

Now if you want a REALLY special burger, I'd suggest a "Smash Burger". Lots of websites devoted to duplicating that burger.

Good luck on creating the special hamburger you want, and please share your progress with everyone on this forum.

I hit them up in San Diego last year. I agree with the others - Meh! It's a good burger (I did the double double animal style), but not a "wait in line for it" burger. I think I would have enjoyed it more, if I had done it plain. There was just too much going on to enjoy the beef. And Wilbur is right, it's just Thousand Island dressing (same as "special sauce" at Mickey D's).

I've seen much better on this Forum - smash burgers on CI plancha with homeground beef and good cheddar cheese (not this processed cheese food crap), a squirt of CYM, pickle, onion, and tomato - perfect! 

The best burger you can make is your own. In-N-Out is a horrible smashed wish-I-was-a-real patty. It's insane to me that it's as popular as it is. I think Five Guys makes a MUCH tastier burger, but that's because they actually make thick patties and use good buns. Their fries are also amazing.

If you want to make a delicious burger, all you need is salt, pepper, 1/3 lb patties about 0.5 - 1 inch thick. I use grassfed beef, but any 90/10 lean will do great because the KK does such a terrific job of keeping the moisture in the meat. Buy good buns (not the cheapo cardboard), fresh toppings, and all the other stuff. This is a hamburger, not a Gordon Ramsey tryout, so keep it simple and enjoy the flavors. There's just no reason to imitate something that started off life as an experiment in mass produced food.

• Like 1