heavenlyink

Reading Daily Topcs

I have for years now read the daily topics since before we got our grill. I must say i have total enjoyed this reading new topic and thought. Since this now formate has taken place i am totally lost finding it so hard to read and keep,up with what is new or asked and comments replied back. On the left side under topics i am seeing stuff from way back like 2008 or day dack a week or days back. Where do i find the new topics? Is there something i need to select to have the newest on top? I must say i am finding myself loosing interet in the forum since this change as i cant find new or i am send to page three or more down the page not knowing what the main question was. This has been my only forum i was able to navigate and enjoy but i am lost and feel i am missing our with the grilling season coming upon us. Am i the only one lost?

I'm with you, Glen &Marilyn... Any change in format requires change for users. I haven't been reading this forum nearly as long as you, but when I first saw the new forum, I didn't like it. Here's what I do to read the new stuff...  Near the top of the page is the Komado Kamado title. There is a dark bar beneath that. On the right side of that dark bar is a place that says "Unread Content". Click on the "Unread Content", and you'll be taken to a list of recent topics that you haven't read yet. Click on any of the items to read the topic. I've found it nice that I can read a topic, and the next time I click on Unread Content, It won't be included in the list (Unless of course, someone responded while you were reading).

Hang in there. You'll get used to the new format, and probably find yourself preferring it. Best of luck.

If you put your cursor on the gray icon labelled Activity it will open up options for you. Pick the one you want, I use All Activity and that will become my Homepage.

Screenshot_1.thumb.jpg.e29f27aa6cde1e523

Then  when sign into the this page appears and I click on the dark gray icon "All Activity" next to facebook icon and all new posts show in BOLD.

Screenshot_2.thumb.jpg.c6decf1d304db70aa

Screenshot_3.thumb.jpg.2d1e6c7626a04f3e0

Is there a way to set the topics to read as the newest to the oldest? Just noticed today i thought i was reading new unread  and then seen the dateand it was 2015 there can be 2 or 3 or more pages to get to the newest most recent comments. I know i am sounding like a baby but i am about done reading since i been reading the forum daily i am reading old news.  I am not one who like change i guess.  

Lost in Missouri

I tried that and i thought it was going to work but today when reading i noticed i was reading a post from 2015. So i decided to give the tapatalk another try so i am reading this and posting from it. Will see how it goes. I love looking at the cooks and feel i have learned a lot from everyone but i don't have time to read a bunch of old news. Fingers crossed.

~*~ Marilyn ~*~

from my iPad

using Tapatalk

I know in the recent past everyone's cookies got reset so it didn't know you already read everything. A bunch of us went in and marked the entire forum as read. After that hitting the read new button started working like it should again.

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT