churchi

Big Bad 32" Spit Motor

Hi All,

Well i just realised that i dont have a motor for my 32" big bad spit basket. Was going to fire it up tomorrow, but yeah realised i need to get a motor.

What size turning weight are you all buying?

Im in Australia and have found this place online.

http://www.bbqspitrotisseries.com.au/p/stainless-steel-bbq-spit-rotisserie-240v-motor-20k/MO013

What do you guys think about this motor? Will it fit my 32" or is it too big. Says in the description that it will fit 8mm square skewer. Is that the size we have on our BBQ's?

This motor will turn 20Kgs, however the smaller ones will turn 10Kgs.

Reading in the reviews, people are saying that this motor will allow the spit to turn at the same pace as it goes round and round.

What are your thoughts?

If anyone else in AU has any suggestions motors, id love to hear them.

Cheers.

That's about the same weight rating that we all have in the states. I would call or email them and make sure it uses anti backlash gears. Without anti backlash gears your food will flop and stall. That one review would have you believing so but I'd check with the company just to make sure.

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT

I would get this one and try first, if it seems underpowered they have a 30 day return policy and you can swap it out.   When the meat is really even on it's axis not much torque is needed to spin the cradle. Imagine spinning a wheel.. not much effort is needed.

BBQ Spit Rotisserie Motor Stainless Steel - 10kg

Thanks guys for the replies.

Would i be right in saying that the mounting on the KK is of the universal type where it should fit all of the motors on the page i linked in the first post?

Or do i have to watch out for mounts that are not universal on there?

@ckreef Thanks for the heads up. Ill ring them and see what they say about that.

@DennisLinkletter Forgot about the 30 day return policy :) But yeah excellent idea to try the smaller/cheaper unit and return if necessary.

Cheers