churchi

Upgraded The Site To Tapatalk Plugin v1.2.1

@Firemonkey No problems at all. I dont use tapatalk that much as i sit in front of a PC most of the day so i have access to the forum on a browser, however when im on the run Tapatalk is nice to use rather than all the forums being open in a chrome tab. If you dont want to use tapatalk, just use your web browser on your phone to open up the site and it will work quite nicely from there. Tapatalk just makes things really easy if you frequent multiple forums as they are then all in the same place. But yes there is ads throughout the whole list of topics and replies.

I think with the notifications, thats how things are going these days. I really like the new ajax notifications that popup up while your on the site, and you should be able to fine tune your notifications to your liking (site notifications and emails) through your profile. 

Anyways, hopefully you have been energised to get back on the forum and post again :)

For what it's worth, I check the forums about 85% of the time from my PC, 14% from my iPad, and 1% from my iPhone. And 100% of the time, I am using Chrome.

I haven't had a single issue with the new forums. The only slightly annoying piece is the double spacing when you hit Enter. I'm in the habit of hitting Enter twice to insert a space between paragraphs. On this forum, I end up backspacing to get rid of extra lines. 

Just now, cschaaf said:

For what it's worth, I check the forums about 85% of the time from my PC, 14% from my iPad, and 1% from my iPhone. And 100% of the time, I am using Chrome.

I haven't had a single issue with the new forums. The only slightly annoying piece is the double spacing when you hit Enter. I'm in the habit of hitting Enter twice to insert a space between paragraphs. On this forum, I end up backspacing to get rid of extra lines. 

Thanks for the comments @cschaaf  appreciate you posting some comments on how the upgrade has been. Glad to hear its all good from where you browse the forum from. Its not been without issue, but looks like we are close to ironing them all out.

BTW, the double spacing issue, i can fix that. Currently (by default) the editor will enter a new paragraph when you hit enter and not just a new line. If you want a new line without a paragraph you need to use Shift + Enter

I can change this default behaviour from the admin side of things. This will change it for all users unfortunately :(

Let me run a poll and see what people want to have it set to.

I just made a post from my phone (in reefs herb garden thread) and it is MUCH better than ever before.  Easy to post and insert pictures - I have no need for tapatalk at all with that interface.  Only one thing I cant see how to fix - the pictures (and I think the text too) were formatted a little too big.  I had to edit with the laptop to resize the text and pictures.   Is there a way to resize the display size of the pictures before posting on a mobile device?

There does seem to be some double posting going on. Not sure if there is a lag and people are hitting the post button twice or if it's a glitch in the upgrade. I had to delete 2 double posts between yesterday and this morning.

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT

Why does my safari mobile browser keep going red theme instead of the traditional shades of gray ??

It goes red for a few clicks and then stops   

I too hate the enter feature as I am use to pressing enter twice   

Site wouldn't load this morning but I am assuming you are tweaking on your end during this time?

10 minutes ago, bosco said:

Why does my safari mobile browser keep going red theme instead of the traditional shades of gray ??

It goes red for a few clicks and then stops   

I too hate the enter feature as I am use to pressing enter twice   

Site wouldn't load this morning but I am assuming you are tweaking on your end during this time?

Can you try and clear your cache on your safari mobile browser? also can you try chrome on your iphone and see if that makes a difference.

With the enter making a new paragraph, ill setup a poll shortly to see what everyone wants to do. Easiest way.

Not sure what happened with the site this morning, however i had noticed the site was really slow throughout the day. Ill check on the server stats sometime today to see if the host had an issue. Seems to be ok now.

@bosco did you try the fix i posted about the notifications you been receiving on tapatalk? did it help?

8 hours ago, Firemonkey said:

I just made a post from my phone (in reefs herb garden thread) and it is MUCH better than ever before.  Easy to post and insert pictures - I have no need for tapatalk at all with that interface.  Only one thing I cant see how to fix - the pictures (and I think the text too) were formatted a little too big.  I had to edit with the laptop to resize the text and pictures.   Is there a way to resize the display size of the pictures before posting on a mobile device?

Strange one there @Firemonkey. I have not uploaded or resized any pics from my mobile, i usually do it from the desktop site. Ill have to do some investigation and see if it happens to me. Ill post back if i have any updates.

3 hours ago, ckreef said:

There does seem to be some double posting going on. Not sure if there is a lag and people are hitting the post button twice or if it's a glitch in the upgrade. I had to delete 2 double posts between yesterday and this morning.

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT

@ckreef yeah the site was quite slow throughout the day. Maybe the host had some issues, but i noticed it on my side too. I guess you are spot on with the double posts where people think they have posted but the site is taking a bit of time to load. Ill have to dig through some of the server logs to see if i can pinpoint the issue. Thanks for raising it.