Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Komodo Kamado

Register now to gain access to all of our features, ask queries, discuss and lot's more!

Click here to Register!

DennisLinkletter

Sneek Peak KK Cold Smoker accessory

66 posts in this topic

Here is the first prototype of my new Cold Smoker.. The Guru Adaptor will be much smaller of course.  I'm really pleased with how clean the smoke is.. The new version will have a stainless cup on the bottom to collect water and tars.  This will add lots of versatility to your cooks.. with the adjustable air pump on low the unit hardly creates any heat.. I'm really looking forward to smoking many of different things.. My first smoked chicken was a hit with the family.. Never got this much smoke while burning charcoal.

ColdSmokerForum.mp4

6 people like this

Now that does look very interesting.:)

That looks really cool! I've been thinking about cold smoking some cheese and pastrami. Trying to figure out some kind of rig to build using both of my kamados. This would simplify things a lot!

I'd go for that and try some cheese or salmon.

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT

Sign me up! Really, let me know the minute you can ship one my way :-D

That is friggen awesome. Love it @DennisLinkletter. Sign me up too mate. Im keen for one of those.

Is there much tweaking to do until you begin some production of the units?

Will it burn pieces of smoking wood or does it need some specific kind of wood/charcoal to be used in there? Would be nice to see a vid of you putting the wood/charcoal in there so we get an idea on how to use it. 

Last weekend I was watching a few episodes from Project Smoke and noticed they cold smoked quite a few items. I thought to myself how the guru port could be used to inject smoke into the KK, and then did nothing with the idea. As usual, Dennis is one step ahead of me and already had a prototype working before I had a second thought. Congrats!

The design is finalized.. I have 10 sets out of 50 of CNC cut stainless finished but the machining of the threaded parts is the bottle neck. I hope to get the first 10 out on the April 8th container.. ;-)

I've done a couple of coffee wood chickens and they are off the charts awesome!!

Dennis,

This is very interesting. For over a year I have had a similar (but perhaps less well made) device sold by Smokai (www.smokai.com) in New Zealand. I fit it to the guru port with a wooden bung. Very effective. Smoked salmon at Singapore ambient temperature is spectacular and a fraction of the price as bought.

Simon

I can see more of my tax refund headed Dennis' way soon! He's already got a chunk of it for the double lined drip pan and rotisserie basket. :jive:

1 person likes this

He's got 10.I think he should take the first 10 orders off this forum - let's face it "we" are the ones who's going to use it and show it off.

A few of us will post all over Guru spawning another KK sale or two.

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT

1 person likes this

I volunteer for user acceptance testing and feedback :)?

If not, or if you're taking pre-orders, Dennis, this is a good thread to fill the queue - starting with me. Do you have a price or target?

I want the cold smoke back :cold:.

YES!  Want one!!!  How did I not see this, and when can I order?

@Gnomatic i think Dennis said he should have them ready very soon if not already. Maybe check the KK website and see if its up on there.

But im placing an order for one once they are ready too. cant wait :)

@DennisLinkletter did you say you almost have them ready to order?

Very interesting 

What is cold smoking on a grill btw

I'm in.  Next!  How much and when can I give you my CC number?

1 hour ago, Stile88 said:

Very interesting 

What is cold smoking on a grill btw

cold smoking salmon, sausage, cheese etc.  smoking without generating heat that would cook the food or for cheese melt it.  It is a great technique for adding smoke flavour to something

1 person likes this