DennisLinkletter

Sneek Peak KK Cold Smoker accessory

Here is the first prototype of my new Cold Smoker.. The Guru Adaptor will be much smaller of course.  I'm really pleased with how clean the smoke is.. The new version will have a stainless cup on the bottom to collect water and tars.  This will add lots of versatility to your cooks.. with the adjustable air pump on low the unit hardly creates any heat.. I'm really looking forward to smoking many of different things.. My first smoked chicken was a hit with the family.. Never got this much smoke while burning charcoal.

ColdSmokerForum.mp4

• Like 6

That is friggen awesome. Love it @DennisLinkletter. Sign me up too mate. Im keen for one of those.

Is there much tweaking to do until you begin some production of the units?

Will it burn pieces of smoking wood or does it need some specific kind of wood/charcoal to be used in there? Would be nice to see a vid of you putting the wood/charcoal in there so we get an idea on how to use it. 

Last weekend I was watching a few episodes from Project Smoke and noticed they cold smoked quite a few items. I thought to myself how the guru port could be used to inject smoke into the KK, and then did nothing with the idea. As usual, Dennis is one step ahead of me and already had a prototype working before I had a second thought. Congrats!

He's got 10.I think he should take the first 10 orders off this forum - let's face it "we" are the ones who's going to use it and show it off.

A few of us will post all over Guru spawning another KK sale or two.

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stile88 said:

Very interesting 

What is cold smoking on a grill btw

cold smoking salmon, sausage, cheese etc.  smoking without generating heat that would cook the food or for cheese melt it.  It is a great technique for adding smoke flavour to something

• Like 1