DennisLinkletter

Sneek Peak KK Cold Smoker accessory

18 hours ago, CeramicChef said:

Tony, don't I remember a tag line from a cigarette commercial about those cigarettes being "... a silly millimeter longer ..."?

Size matters.

Yes, there was. It came to mind as I wrote this, but I can't remember the name of the damned cigarettes. I  think "100" was a part of it. 

On June 9, 2016 at 7:16 AM, tony b said:

Yes, there was. It came to mind as I wrote this, but I can't remember the name of the damned cigarettes. I  think "100" was a part of it. 

I too can hear the jingle " a silly millimeter longer, 101's" - was that Virginia Slims? I'm not a smoker and isn't memory funny thing? I can't remember what I did a few days, ago but I can remember a stupid commercial from decades ago – heavy sigh… 

• Like 2

OK, my Cold Smoker arrived today but it also arrived without any instructions.  I get it that the pump tube attachment screws into the side of the CS and that the large tube pushes into the CS and rotates in to lock in place.  I also understand that there is the fatter sleeve that is affixed to the large smoke pipe to bush it out for the fit into the Guru Port.

What fails me is the set screw in that fat sleeve.  The way it arrived from the factory the screw allows the fat bushing to go into the Guru Port only 1/4" before hitting that screw head.  I must assume that this sleeve was put onto the smoke tube backwards, am I correct?  Also the Bushing's set screw engaged one of two holes in that smoke pipe, is this what is supposed to happen?

If I reverse the Bushing and engage one of the two holes in the Smoke Tube then the end of the Bushing is flush with the Smoke Tube which appears correct to me.  Have I gotten the procedure correct with the set screw keeping the Bushing from going to far into the Guru Port?

51 minutes ago, FotonDrv said:

OK, my Cold Smoker arrived today but it also arrived without any instructions.  I get it that the pump tube attachment screws into the side of the CS and that the large tube pushes into the CS and rotates in to lock in place.  I also understand that there is the fatter sleeve that is affixed to the large smoke pipe to bush it out for the fit into the Guru Port.

What fails me is the set screw in that fat sleeve.  The way it arrived from the factory the screw allows the fat bushing to go into the Guru Port only 1/4" before hitting that screw head.  I must assume that this sleeve was put onto the smoke tube backwards, am I correct?  Also the Bushing's set screw engaged one of two holes in that smoke pipe, is this what is supposed to happen?

If I reverse the Bushing and engage one of the two holes in the Smoke Tube then the end of the Bushing is flush with the Smoke Tube which appears correct to me.  Have I gotten the procedure correct with the set screw keeping the Bushing from going to far into the Guru Port?

Yes, that sleeve is on backward. I do not have the set screw engaged in a hole. It locks against the tube. The sleeve butts up against the flange on the cold smoker. There's a lot of tube protruding. Make sure that air tube opening is facing down within the larger cold-smoker tube. 

Mine arrived slightly mis-assembled as well.

Edited by HalfSmoke
  • Like 1