Pale Rider

New KK Teak Flooring for Pool House

1 hour ago, tony b said:

Crazy, nice setup!

I have to ask, is the tennis court yours, too? Pool & tennis court - sooo jealous! 

Yep. House was pretty run down when we bought it [divorce, constant refi and withdraw money, no maintenance, etc.], so got quite a deal, but the tennis court and basketball court were salvageable. The pool, sadly, was not. So we ripped it out and started over, and we added the pool house.

• Like 1

Hello Pale Rider; Thanks for posting the pictures of your new cabinet. Everything looks beautiful. I was so impressed with the construction of the side shelves and the pictures Dennis posted of your cabinet, I now have one being built for myself with a few modifications of course ( don't want to be a copy cat) lol. That must have been one heck of a crate when it arrived.  alas my BB 32 is languishing in the garage still. every time I pass it by i hear "light me up". Just got all the rotisRee stuff today. I really enjoy reading all the posts here on the forum. I guess this must be social media? Anyway everybody have a great weekend

On June 3, 2016 at 6:49 AM, CeramicChef said:

I have always thought I'd like an umbrella like those until I remember I live in Oklahoma where "... the wind comes sweeping down the plain ..."  I just can't see myself repeatedly chasing a sail that big in the middle of a cook.  :shock: :mad:

I hear ya. It gets pretty windy here (as it does at many tropical places full of umbrellas), and I expect to watch this thing carefully. What we don't have here is tornados or anything like real hurricanes. I have it sunk below the patio on a four foot concrete post base. It was delivered with two 90-pound steel plates (which are supposed to help it withstand 50mph gusts), but my builder estimates we more than tripled its mooring weight. I am under no illusions about a severe storm though, so we try to practice the habit of cranking it closed every week in the summer (when it almost never rains) and every day we use it in the more unpredictable months. 

• Like 1