Mud Man

Happy Camper

By nature I am a lurker rather than a poster and this is my first post on any forum. I could no longer remain silent and felt that I needed to "testify" on behalf of the KK product and our trusted leader Dennis.

My initial KK story was somewhat bumpy with 2 different Komodos damaged in transit from the Orient. One was destroyed and never reached Raleigh the other reached my home was signed for by me and only later found to have serious damage from improper repackaging after going through customs. After discovering the damage I finally accepted the fact that I was a fool for trying to import (without a distributor) the finest cooker available. My wife gave me that "I told you so look" and I essentially kissed my hard earned money good by knowing that guy in Indonesia had my money and a signed receipt and I had a damaged grill.

In any event I was wrong! Dennis made good on his promise and I had my new KK in a few weeks; this time undamaged. I BELIEVE!!!

PS My damaged KK has been salvaged by a fellow Raleigh-ite, none other than the Naked Whiz who was kind enough to help me get this 500+ pound monster up on my deck!

Happy Que-ing

Mud Man

Hey Mudman...welcome and glad to hear things worked out for you. I'm sure it was frustrating, shipping damage can be so disappointing no matter what the product. And now that you have made your first post, I hope to see you posting up more

What I am most impressed with is you (or Dennis) got NakedWhiz into one of these cookers. I thought he was solely an egg man. So NakedWhiz...where is your post about your new ceramic grill? :):)

nothing dennis does regarding customer satisfaction will surprise me anymore. it is actually a little hard to get used to, considering my previous experiences with another so-called ceramic bbq company :smt013

last phone convo i had with dennis, he was describing his torture-testing methods for making sure he has the best ceramic bbq out there. full load of hot lump with a LEAF BLOWER going on the open lower draft! what did you say, dennis? flames shooting out of the uncapped upper draft like 40 feet?

it's like that old samsonite commercial! so, i've come to a few conclusions about dennis:

1) there's NO WAY i'll ever get into the ceramic bbq business; he's too driven to compete against.

2) there's NO WAY i'd doubt dennis' commitment to customer service; he really puts us first!

3) he's just a liitttle bit crazy! not "padded room" crazy, more like "mad scientist" crazy. he's way into fiddling with these things. i suspect there will be a new model every year, and that's if he can control himself all year!